Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Hi

Camping Greece shows two camping sites for Cephalonia..

Camping Greece

Some pages from the two camping sites..

http://www.argostolibeach.gr/services-camp-en.html

http://www.camping-karavomilos.gr/english/howto.htm

From the many pages of Greece i have surfed up on and read the only restriction i can think of coming across is on camp fires.

I had this link (below) bookmarked to read but, i've not got round to yet.. Might be some info for you even though it's solo.

i was having trouble loading the pages last time i looked but there's a short review on the Argostoli site..

http://www.cstn.org/reports/europe/greece/greececamp02.html

paul..
We went overland to Greece in our motorhome way back in 1997 but only stuck to the mainland. We mainly free camped until it became too hot without any shade.As you can imagine, a motorhome sat in the sun all day doesn't cool down much at night.

Greece is great for free camping but not sure if this would apply to Kefalonia.If you are interested, I have written about our trip on Virtual Tourist. nickandchris, Greece travel page and click on the links.
thanks for your tips! i had a look at your virtual tourist stuff and it was really interesting! i just wondered though what way you travelled to get into greece and the experience of this?

we are thinking of going across from italy with our motor home but then thought it might be nice to drive back up to croatia but we are unsure of that way and the countries we'd pass through- any of your experiences and tips would be very much appreciated!

thanks!
We crossed overnight from Bari to Igoumenitsa (all on VT.) and slept in the van. Awoke in Greece to pouring rain!!! (We were going to cross from Brindisi but had had enough of Italian motorways by the time we got to Bari. That coast just seems to go on and on forever.) Travelling through former Yugoslavia in the nieties was not an option.

PM me for more info. Would love to hear your plans.
my worry is how we'd get there and how we'd get on esp on a small island like kephalonia (as much as i love it) - i cant imagine there being campsites but then would we be able to just park up anywhere?!

Small island? Kefalonia is the fourth largest in Greece!

There are two campsites as already mentioned but camping 'in the wild' is illegal everywhere in Greece. In some places it is sometimes tolerated. Generally speaking Kefalonia is not one of those places.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.