Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I've had fab weather in Crete at the end of September.
Kos Town. Terrific restauarants around the harbour, the tree under which Hippocrates sat when he taught, possibly a day trip to Bodrum inTurkey. also a good resort from which to explore the rest of the island.
If you like beaches why not try Skiathos, there will be enough to keep you going in the way of sightseeing for a week too! Skiathos town has gorgeous restaurants and the bars are fantastic. The resorts are great too and the buses run every 30 minutes into town.
Kefalonia is also another good choice. Skala is a nice resort with plenty tavernas and a laid back nightlife. If you want something a bit more lively Lassi may be a good choice as it has very easy access to the capital Argostoli. There is plenty to see and do on Kefalonia, the scenery is stunning and the islanders are among the friendliest people you can hope to meet. A word of warning though.................there is a danger that if you visit this island you will fall under it's spell and want to return again and again.
I always said that i would never holiday in the same place twice. I didn't until i visited Kefalonia. This year i am making my 9th visit in 7 years! 8)

John
Not really much in the way of history or ancient buildings in Skiathos or Kefalonia. Kos town fits the bill and being further south is likely to be hotter/drier. Samos is good too
Why not try Symi. If you like to relax, meet people in traditional Greek surroundings it's ideal. there are 2 small clubs but by far the best thing is to wander round the bars and tavernas. The harbour area, Yialos, is spectacular, the old town, Chorio, is above the harbour and has loads of atmosphere and the people are very friendly.
try crete mate,

but nowhere near heraklion and the crap hersonissos area

go instead to chania and from there try to travel to the south crete.

if you are into, GREAT food, FANTASTIC local wine, culture, hospitality, breath taking views, beautiful beaches then there is the place to be

when it comes to weather? just simply perfect....

if u need more advise feel free to ask...

enjoy it
I have to agree with Kojak, Symi is a lovely little island. You'll get the same weather as Rhodes as its so close, which is more or less guaranteed to be great.
In fact Symi is usually 3 or 4 degrees warmer than Rhodes because it is sheltered by the Datça peninsula, the Vigla mountain and the fjord of the harbour itself.

The beaches are somewhat restricted and there is virtually no sand. Taxi boats will take you to these beaches each day if you do not wish to walk. This would be a shame as the walking is wonderful. There are two walking guides to the Island.

I won't describe the old ruins you will find there in September but I've noticed posts from a couple of them on this page.
My body is my temple, albeit, like the Parthenon, it has seen better days...
We have booked Sidari Corfu for the 28th September. Will the weather still be warm?
lppwrth

i have moved you other post to the CORFU forum this forum is for places that dont already have their own forum

wizard
Sorry did not realise there was a Corfu forum.
Hi, I think you would enjoy Kos town as it is steeped in history we stayed in a quiet resort of Tingaki and it is only a short distance to the town by bus, It is also good for cycling as it's fairly flat we hired bikes for the day for just 5 euros each.
Another Greek island you might like is Rhodes the town has a big castle and all the shops, and taveranas are within the walls there are lots of cobbled streets.which gives it a lot of character. Lindos on the island is also another great place to visit.
The weather should be still very warm as we went to Rhodes 30th september for a fortnight and only had a couple of iffy days. We are off to Kos on the 3rd October so we are hoping it should be nice then.
Hi - been to Kos, Rhodes and Santorini last weeks in Sept and 1st week Oct and no probs, sunny all the way! It's a lot more quiet on the islands then, prices can be cheaper..on the flip side some places in Santorini were running stocks down...it's great island if you want to chill..beaches aren't great but views are stunning! :)
Tinka14
Oh its got to be Symi,once you've been you'll want to go back,its beautiful you wont regret it i promise :D :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.