Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
all I'm going to say is lucky .......... still trying to persuade OH to go next may but no luck as yet :cry

yasus
wizard
I've just read Lally girl & Margaret caroll's trip reports, so I am now sooo!excited.
hubby decided it was Kephalonia or Croatia Lyn, & the Croatia prices were a little silly for next year. While I was in the process of booking the price actually went up by £40 pp. :que
Hi Helen
We loved it - was going to suggest you read my report :rofl but see you already have.
Any questions fire away
Lally
I've got 10 months to compile a list Lallygirl :rofl
Helen's made me jealous. We were looking at this together a few months ago and decided between us to gvie it a miss this year as we were going to book something a little cheaper (for eating and drinking) because of the euro. Hubby and I decided on Turkey and went ahead and booked. Lo and behold a few weeks later Helen's gone and booked Keph :cry
I'm starting to think she didn't want me to come!

:D I'll not hold a grudge Helen- Enjoy. You can tell me all about it when you get back and if it was good I can book next year ;)
shirley you will love Olu as much . Lally will tell you as she's been there too ;) .

Now wheres those trip reports Lynne . I'm going to have to find them now :)
I agree Olu Deniz is fantastic so don't be too envious
Lyn , there is a post a little down the page called Cephalonia report ( I do waffle on a fair bit mind you :rofl )and I also posted a review on the Anassa hotel
Kefalonia is a great island! The scenery is so stunning and there are so many contrasts from gorgeous beaches to rugged mountains and fertile valleys. Get out and about and you will find places where you can really be on your own.
For places to visit, Assos and Fiscardo are a must. Myrtos beach is stunning but is probably better seen from above! The drive up the north west coast of the island is breathtaking because of the height of the cliffs, but drive down the north east coast and you will be rewarded with stunning views of Ithaca.
I would suggest you hire a car for a few days rather than book an island excursion, that way you can take your time and get away from the "tourist trail"
Take a look at http:// http://www.ionian-island.co.uk for some great information on places to visit, eat etc.
Enjoy your stay, you will, i just know it!!

John :cheers
shirley you will love Olu as much

Yes I'm sure I will Lyn. I'm really looking forward to it

Glad you enjoyed Olu too Lassigirl.
helen,went to hotel lorenzo in may/june could not fault it,very clean and friendly,also good location.we also got good exchange rate at reception,no comission.found kefalonia a beautiful island but a bit to quiet of an evening.we are used to a bit more hustle and bustle.we are off to spain 06-30 in morning.but you never know might try lassi again in future.i am sure you will enjoy it.
if you have any queries please ask.
regards percy123.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.