Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
We're in our fifties and have been to all 3 islands. Lanzarote is by far the best for touring by car. The roads are excellent and are very quiet, there are loads of places to visit, both visitor centres and seaside towns. Google "Cesar Manrique" for some ideas.
Must agree with Robert here. We too have been to all 3 and preferred Lanza for the out and about parts :cheers
Hi Dave, We have been to all the Canary islands and have booked a week in Lanzarote in Feb with sole purpose of touring around the island as we didnt go very far last time.
Personally i dont think the touring /sight seeing is up to much much in Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria , although they have their pros and cons and have great beaches.
Tenerife has a few good places, but on advice of other travellers we are looking forward to Lanzarote.
I also think Lanzarote has the best night life as there are some good venues that play live music and cater for all ages, so theres also something to do of an evening other than eating out.
I will post a review of our tour on my return if it will help. :smile:
Dave, have you checked out reviews for your three chosen hotels ?

Incidentally, it's Lanzarote for me too lol :wink
Kath x
Kath HT Admin wrote:
Dave, have you checked out reviews for your three chosen hotels ?

Don't be silly Kath, we started with a total of 23 hotels and whittled it down to those 3 after reading the reviews - we always do it that way!! :tup

Our question was relating to which Island would be the best at that time of year.

Thanks for all the above responses but we have ignored them all :whoops

Largely due to the reviews (and the lure of Mount Teide) we have opted for the Aguamarina in Golf del Sur on Tenerife (I know we don't play golf but I understand there is more to Tenerife than golf!!)

However, there is always next year!!

Thanks all

Dave
we always do it that way!!

Excellent - hope you have a good time :tup
Kath x
Tutor

I'm sure you will enjoy your holiday in Tenerife, I've been visiting the Canaries on a pretty regular basis for 30years now and have stayed in all of the three you mention plus Fuerteventura and La Palma and they all have something to offer.
The scenery in Tenerife is interesting, it's so so varied almost Alpine in the north with barren desert in the south, all overshadowed by Teide, it's great to be basking in hot sunshine in the resorts and being able to see snow on the peak. I'm also not a beach person so scenery is the draw for me and Tenerife comes out tops due to it's accessibility. I would stay away from the resorts of Las Americas and Los Cristianos if you don't like crowds. Try and visit the small resort of Garachico for a less touristy feel and the village of Masca for fabulous views (both in the west of the island) La Oratava near Puerto de La Cruz is also worth an hour or two of wandering round.
The views are fabulous in Grand Canaria but unless you enjoy driving for hours on steep winding roads it can be a bit daunting.
I replied in the GC thread....glad you found somewhere...Tenerife was my last choice!
I've tried Lanzarote and Tenerife. Given a choice now it would be Lanzarote but maybe that's because I'm +40.
being in our 50's and having travelled around a bit and knowing its a personal thing, playa americas tenerife (+ torremolinos and kalamaki) are the three worst places we have been to. going to puerto del carmen lanzarote in 2 days.
I'd recommend going to Gran Canaria. You will finde everything you want there: The great dunes of Maspalomas in the South, a big city in the North (Las Palmas), great mountains in the centre of the island and lots of hidden beaches all around Gran Canaria.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.