Holiday Advice

Holiday Advice From HolidayTruths Admins
Hi Becky
When is your holiday?
Here's what the Package Travel Regulations state:-

Under Regulation 12 of the Package Travel Regulations (PTR), if a tour operator makes a significant change to your accommodation, they must:
  • give you the choice of accepting the change (with a downward price adjustment if it’s a lesser hotel)
  • offer you a refund, with no cancellation fee.
You do not have to pay for an enforced upgrade. The PTRs say the tour operator is responsible for the hotel owner’s actions, so they have to make suitable alternative arrangements for the continuation of the package. Any changes should be at no extra cost to the holidaymaker. So if the only alternative accommodation is more expensive, the tour operator will have to pay.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/my-package-holiday-has-been-changed-or-cancelled
Which hotel was it & have you checked online that the advertised features aren't available? You'd have thought Tui would know what was & wasn't available, unless of course the said hotel has since altered their facilities.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.