General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
and just for Sma
Love them both, Fiona :-)
Where I live everyone chats to whoever's next to them if you happen to be waiting around 😁
The first video also reminded me about knowing the customs of a country( Yes I know that's not what the video was actually showing!) In Thailand for instance, you shouldn't sit with your feet pointing towards someone else. You definitely should not openly criticise the Royal Family- as well as offending people you may find yourself in trouble. Never pick up food and eat it with your left hand. In Singapore don't chew gum and spit it out in the streets. ( well let's face it, you shouldn't spit it out on any street!)
I thought chewing gum was banned in Singapore Fiona? I've never been but am sure I read it once :think
I thought so too. But could only verify spitting it out.
It isn't illegal to chew the stuff, though you can't buy gum other than medicinal gum and importing it is illegal. So you would not be able to obtain the normal gum.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2015/mar/23/gum-control-how-lee-kuan-yew-kept-chewing-gum-off-singapores-streets
I always used to swallow it anyway 😁
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.