Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jetnoise,

Try KTHY (Cyprus Turkish Airlines). I think you still have to route via mainland Turkey though, normally Antalya or Dalaman. You can view routings for flights on their website.

Darren
The touchdown in Turkey is unlikely to change in the near future as Ercan is not internationally recognised as a legal port of entry except by Turkey. This is due to the occupation of Northern Cyprus by the Turks. As Dabzo said the main airline is KTHY, also you may want to try Turkish Airlines and Pegasus
Thanks goldeneye,
The reason I posted is that I had heard somewhere that there was a chance that the situation may change at the end of this year or early next as regards the recognition (and thus the Turkey touchdown requirement). As it happens, reasearch seems to indicate that the additional flight time is actually negated by the queues for baggage at Larnaca and the long road transfer to Kyrenia from thre. Might just as well get a KTHY/CTA flight to Ercan from Heathrow as that is 10 minutes from my house!

Cheers,
Jet
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.