Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
It's some time since we last flew into Ercan but the aircraft landed in Istanbul, rested for 20 minutes, changed its flight number and then continued to Ercan. We, the passengers, did not move from our seats. This was, apparently, because the flight and Ercan were not recognised internationally at the time after the little bit of bother with Northern/Southern Cyprus.. I do not know whether this is still the case.
Thanks for your reply - if this was the case then that would not mean worrying if the flight was delayed.
I will ring Turkish airlines and ask them.
Thanks again.
Irene
Irene,

If you're flying with Turkish Airlines, it won't be the same aircraft onwards to Ercan, it would be a transfer in Istanbul. Man-IST is a Boeing 737-800, flights from IST - Ercan are Airbus A320-200. If it wasn't possible to transfer in 1 hours 15 minutes, TK wouldn't offer the flight connection. As long as it lands on-time, you should be fine. As TK are operating both sectors, it's their responsibily to look after you if the flight is delayed, ie it's their fault. They would transfer you on to the next available flight. If that's not for a while, they'd have to provide meal vouchers or accommodation subject to the length of time between flights. If it's not the airlines fault you missed the connection, that's your responcibility.

Darren
Hi Darren
Just checked on their site and realised we would have to change aircraft and you have already answered my question - if we missed flight.
Looking like the best option for us.
Thanks for your input.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.