General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
if its short haul I would be eating at the airport. Heathrow, for instance, has some great choices.
The last few flights I have been on have either been Aer Lingus to the USA or EasyJet and in neither case were the meals an optional extra. The last time we went to the USA our flight from Dublin was mid-afternoon and we left Glasgow at 11.30 so we had a big breakfast at Glasgow.

edited to add that I don't particularly like airline food so I carry snacks to eat.
  • Edited by elaine80 2018-01-23 18:23:44
What sort of snacks do you like to take?
I always carry things like crisps and cereal bars.
Aha 👍 Love this type of subject as always helpful to swap tips etc 👍

I'm not tight but neither do I like to be ripped off, so hopefully I'm the middle range traveller.

I always pack crisps, boiled eggs & those individually wrapped mini cheeses. They are my emergency supply. Easy to pack & light to carry. If not required still functional the next day.

No food left on the plane? Get to your hotel late at night & everywhere is shut? Out of the Tupperware, crisps, boiled eggs & cheeses.👍

We do, however, usually get a meal deal from Boots/Superdrug. Sandwich, crisps & drink for about £4. But would never travel without our trusty emergency supply. 😁
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.