I was unable to print my flight ticket and had to collect at the airport. I knew what to look out for and sure enough I had SSSS on my ticket. This means secondary security screening selection. I was prepared to be taken away at the gate for screening and questions. Apparently there are now more and more people going through this. This may seem reassuring but I had already questioned to myself why you would be given notice that you are about to be searched. Surely anyone intent on doing any harm would then change plans and try again another day. We only took onboard one piece of luggage so OH had that.
I would say it actually became a farce. I had front and back of my hands and my feet swabbed. She then asked if I had anything electronic in my bag. I took out my mobile and asked her if she wanted me to switch it on. No that's fine she said. She never looked in my bag at all!! What was the actual point of the additional screening? I certainly dont feel any safer now or reassured about extra screening.