General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi tofog68,
i had the same dillema last year (thought all this liquids gubbins would be over and done with by now! :roll: ) as the bottles are usually tiny and nowhere near 100mls, us un-naturals are fine carrying our sticky supplies in our hand baggage, im just living in eternal hope that one day soon, i will be able to revert back to using my whole cabin baggage allowance on a stuffed full vanity case full of all my lovely bubblies and potions :wink:
as the bottles are usually tiny and nowhere near 100mls, us un-naturals are fine carrying our sticky supplies in our hand baggage

The bottles might be less than 100mls, but what is inside the bottle may be more of the problem.
No hazardous materials are to be carried on a plane and you could do a lot of damage with a bottle of nail glue, if you were that way inclined. :wink:

I should contact your particular airline, there is no reason for anyone to be carrying a concoction of chemicals onboard a plane in hand luggage, but nail glue might be one of the adhesives that is allowed in the hold of the plane, it will depend whether or not the contents are flammable, sensitive to temperature changes or likely to give off vapours....
Nail glue contains Ethyl-2-Cyanoacrylate, Poly methyl Methacrylate, Hydroquinone

On a personal note and not directed at anyone"¦ if your nail breaks, it's not the end of the world and it can wait until you can repair it later, preferably in your own space and then others will not have to inhale the air formaldehyde that the glue gives off, so I see no reason at all for it to be packed in hand luggage, restrictions or no restrictions in place. :wink:

Sanjiiiiiiiiii
  • Edited by Sanji 2007-07-26 14:37:46
Why don't you take the pre-glued nails? Take a couple of packs as a back up, should they come off when you're away.
Pack it in your suitcase.
It's classed as a flamable material and will be confiscated.
Thanks to everyone for the replies :tup, I suppose I could buy some nail glue in the resort.
tofog68
I wear falsies on holidays (you may have read my thread furhter down!!). I take spare nails with glue and just pack them in my toiletry bag in suitcase.
Thanks for he reply joolz,Have you packed glue and extra nails in your case since the new restrictions and has everything been OK?
I really should grow my own nails,but with only 2 months to go until I go to Majorca I've got no chance :roll: :roll: :roll:

tofog68
I have indeed!! I just returned from Hols on Tues. Only lost a falsie 2-3 times, was glad I had my glue and spares :lol:
Just thought That I would let everyone that I have emailed the tour operator that we are travelling with and this is what they told me:

"Due to the security hand luggage restrictions I would advise you to carry the nail glue in the hold.However,as you can take up to 100ml of liquid in your hand luggage,you can take it on board if it doesn't exceed this limit."

Hope this helps.
tofog68 :D :D :D
could someone find out for me please if I am allowed false nails and nail glue in hand luggage on Oman Air:really plz I need some replies soon like in 4 or 3 days
It's a flammable liquid so I wouldn't think so. It also gives off fumes. Best to contact Oman Air directly to verify it.
Doesn't it depend on the airport security not the airline. Once you are through security and into departure then the airline doesn't normally check what is in your hand luggage.
Which airport are you using, some are stricter than others. I would contact the airport .
I don't think it'll be a problem as long as it's in your liquids bag & less than 100mls. My reasoning is that you can carry a cigarette lighter & also butane gas for hair tongs.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.