General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
False nails
22 Posts
Ive seen those,the'yre good.Toes aren't the most attractive part of the body so these are great.
I guess I'm getting old, false toenails, what next.
Sorry I just can't seem to get past my belly to stick the darn things on :twisted:

Now I have a pedicure before going on hols and let someone else do the French Manicure for me :lol:

They don't half look good :D

Carol :wink:
I spend ages in the water, wouldn't they come off :?: :?: and what about the sand :?: having got the most awful toe nails I like the idea, but not if I'm going to leave a toe nail trail behind me :oops:

Lynn
whether they come off in the water all depends on the type of resin used to attach them to the natural nail, most resins (glues) that you buy non-professionally won't last as water breaks them down.

If you want a permanent french look on your toes it's best to go to a professional nail technician and ask for a French Gel Pedicure, it should last for a minimum of 4-6 weeks before you need to have them redone.

hope that helps
Just to say the previous post is entirely right! A top brand gel like Bio Sculpture Gel will last more than your two week holiday. You don't need to worry about them coming off and as it's applied professionally there's less risk of fungal infections.
Might seem strange a bloke knowing about this but it's my job!
I also love toe rings, they look really pretty on tanned feet!
Well my toe nails have been on for almost 2 weeks now and theyre still looking pretty ok. Have had to glue a couple back on. Also I wore trainers the other day and it was pretty uncomfortable. Much better with flipflops.

Becky
Wow! can't believe that people have false toe nails, never knew that! Bet they look nice though as some people have the most horrible toe nails don't you think? I could never be a choropodist.
Yesterday the falsies finaly came off. Got to buy some more now as my real nails look awful, all glue stained : (
The false ones when done do look excellent though!!
Becky
My nails are in quite good condition.Am I right that if I ask for a French Gel Manicure my nails should last 2 weeks while I am on holiday? If I have a normal manicure the varnish comes off after a week or so and I don't want falsies/tips as mine are ok.Thanks.
Gel overlay should last 3 - 4 weeks depending on how fast your nails grow. Acrylic would last 2 weeks.(gel would be better as less blending)
Lally
all natural nail overlays should be rebalanced every 2-3 weeks, this is because with the growth of your nail the apex needs to be buffed down and replaced in the correct area of the nail, if this isn't done then undue pressure and stress is put on the nail and that's when you are likely to get breakages and/or lifting.
if you're having overlays for 'holiday nails' then they should last 2 weeks without any problems providing you apply a good quality oil (like Solar Oil) daily, always use oil around the cuticle area aswell as underneath on your natural nail before swimming for long periods of time.
the best time of day to apply oil is before you go to bed as it gives plenty of time for the oil to 'work it's magic' and stop any dehydrating.
the secret of our lovely toe nails is out girls :wink :wink Had a false nail put on each of my big toes and all painted for my holiday in May and they have lasted ages. Only had to have them repainted once and they still look good as new :D :D . but yesterday one of them fell off after doing some heavy duty gardening :shock: - i was gutted. but guess what i did :shock: - got some old glue and stuck it back on :yikes :yikes . you would never know :yikes . hope it stays on :D

lyn
I'm sorry about this question, but i need another opinion...

Normally when i go on holiday, I go to the salon the day before to get my nails done... but after a day or so,it's chipped and looks a mess!

I've started wearing false nails, it's just so much easier! I also have a printer to make my own 'designer' nails...

Has anyone used false nails before on holiday, would they fall off quicker than normal? (Mine last about 5-7 days) Am I allowed to take nail glue on board? Should it go in my hand luggage or main luggage?

Or, should i just stick with my ormal french tips from the salon?
Hi Dramaqueen......its been a while since we chatted, hope ur well.

I have been having my real nails silk wrapped now for about 8 years ( giving them a rest every 6 months to breath!) , silk wrapped is having arcyrlic (water & powder base) layed over your natural nail with no fake nail tip on the ends, i have always had mine french manicured, looks really nice and natural, much better then tips or the false nails. False nails do not sit on the nail bed properly and the cuticle bit is not shaped properly so it looks really fake, my nail tech detests them stick on ones, there a thing of the past now, trust me and get your natural nails wrapped it looks so proffesionallly polished ! and i only go back for my maintenance every 3 weeks! Good Luck Dramaqueen x

Stay Young & Beautiful! :)
lol, hey dee.

I hope everything is well for you :-)

Thanks for that, I might look into it :-) It'll be worthwile if they only need doing every few weeks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.