Travel News

A place to discuss news related to the travel industry
You didn't have much luck did you? I have flown on BA to Bangkok on both club and wt+. They indeed use the older aircraft on that route. I was so disappointed with old wt+ as I find the new one is pretty good. This one was really uncomfortable. If i am flying cw I just prebook a seat I dont have to climb over someone As for the beef- any BA frequent flyer will tell you to avoid it! Usually its tough. But OH has had one dish that was actually tender. I actually find the flat bed quite comfortable.
I think BA is flying more passengers as they concentrate on European holiday routes and to be fair, I got a brilliant deal to Zante last year( although I ended up not being able to go) On longhaul, flying east, BA has the advantage of flying straight to the major business hubs, whereas their competitors mainly have a stopover.
The complaints aspect- I have seen some classic ones. The worst one was where someone had to go the whole long haul flight with no cushion to sit on- ie the metal frame. He was given a joke response. BA offer paltry amounts of avios for everything nowadays. Many years ago we were diverted to Frankfurt on our way back from Singapore and had a night at the airport hotel due to a strike at Heathrow. We were treated really well and then given 50 000 BA miles each- and we were flying economy! Changed days now.
For future reference- photos are good to have when complaining about a seat or wine splattered clothes and of course ask to see them logging the complaint.
I did enjoy reading your blog 👍 Sorry about your fall though & I do hope you are now a lot better.

Regarding Oscar Wilde's "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" I once quoted this to my mother who immediately responded with "But the highest form of intelligence" 😥 😉
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.