General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Overseas food
8 Posts
Teesside Parmo 👍 Actually I can take it or leave it but it's our signature dish.
Tried a few of these. A visit to Lisbon and its compulsory to buy the egg tarts! Souvlaki is what I am looking forward to on my next holiday. In Poros we had lobster souvlaki. Vietnam- didn't try that one but enjoyed wrapping chicken or prawns and adding things like mint and cucumber and dipping it into the sauce. However, I put a must try is pho soup. I never thought I would eat my soup with chopsticks!
Love phad Thai as well.
You have Souvlaki for Santorini:
Actually, Souvlaki is widely available in Greece.
A better one for Santorini would be Fava
Never heard of fava. Is that just specific to Santorini?
I don't think so, Fiona, because I've had it in Crete too.
I had Fava a couple of weeks ago in Crete, a small amount served before the main course with bread. I was served it at two different restaurants, it tasted different at the second restaurant as it had obviously had some spices added. Both times very tasty. It may have originated in Santorini.
  • Edited by Judith 2018-05-24 13:30:46
Tacos in Mexico with the green tomato and shredded beef but not those chocolate coloured mushy beans they have.

Gyros in Corfu in fact anything Greek and the croissants from the bakery in San Stefanos especially when just out of the oven .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.