General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Never seen nor heard of this before. As you rightly say it's normally check in 2/3pm vacate at 12.

The only reason I can think of, is, if all guests are TUI then the chances are they're on one of their packages and a mass exodus of passengers together, means lots of rooms to be cleaned for the turn around. :que
We fly on 29th September so logged onto my Tui account but could find no mention of it. Only time I have had a problem is when we have had a morning flight so arrived at the hotel before lunch.
That's really not on. Have everything to hand so that you can at least change out of your travel clothes. If there are so many rooms waiting to be cleaned, the hotel should at least use a couple to allow people to change.
I've been on a lot of Thomson /TUI packages over the last 20+ years. I can remember at least 3 occasions when the rooms haven't been ready on check in; many hotels now allow you to pay extra to keep your room for a late checkout, which must make room turnaround a nightmare for hoteliers.
I suspect Tui are just formalising something which is a relatively common occurrence - particularly when they offer a prebooked late checkout themselves on quite a few hotels!
On 5th August 2019 at 07:17am, brewerdave said:
I've been on a lot of Thomson /TUI packages over the last 20+ years. I can remember at least 3 occasions when the rooms haven't been ready on check in; many hotels now allow you to pay extra to keep your room for a late checkout, which must make room turnaround a nightmare for hoteliers.
I suspect Tui are just formalising something which is a relatively common occurrence - particularly when they offer a prebooked late checkout themselves on quite a few hotels!
I think you figured it out Dave. Sensimar Hotels = TUI. TUI often charges for late checkout and so makes lots more money from guests departing. BUT because the departees occupy those rooms longer, the incoming guests have to wait till the evening before they get their rooms. TUI makes more money, and they manage to shift the blame onto the hotels for not having rooms ready. Another sign of just how much TUI really CARES about its customers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.