Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Blocked drains
7 Posts
"am I entitled to not pay those days? What can they do?"

Nothingstopping you refusing to pay BUT You are in a foreign country andsubject to "Their Laws."

No idea what the justice system and jails are like inItaly but refusal could possibly put you there.

If you madethe booking here in the UK with a UK company then you can take the matter up
with them when you get back.
We booked online directly with the site. We want to pay for the nights that we’re ok but not the nights that were not.

We are in Italy on a family holiday so would rather not end up in jail!

We’re not trying to do a runner, we want to pay!

On 8th August 2019 at 07:07am, fwh said:

Nothingstopping you refusing to pay BUT You are in a foreign country andsubject to "Their Laws."

No idea what the justice system and jails are like inItaly but refusal could possibly put you there.

If you madethe booking here in the UK with a UK company then you can take the matter up
Think you will just have to pay up.

Here in the UK if the Police were called because you were witholding some of the fee they would consider it as a dispute between you and the site owner.

I am not suggesting you are being unreasonable in asking for some sort of compensation I think I would do the same, problem is you are in another country.
Did you book through www.eurocamp.co.uk?

If so get in touch with them as it's their responsibility. There's a live chat on their website or call them on 01606 787125. Maybe they will sanction a refund. Worth a try.
I'm so sorry to hear of your situation.. It's not nice that you have suffered on the holiday by using all of your resources and valuable time to resolve the situation!

I hope the outcome was in your favour.

xx
On 8th August 2019 at 07:07am, fwh said:

Looks like this was summed up pretty much straight away :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.