Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
does anyone know the prices of cigarettes and spirits in faro airport? thanks
Hello, I find that since the tax changes thanks to the E U you may as well buy all your spirits at your local super market as they are cheaper than at the airports, or if you are going to buy them on holiday get them in resort, again cheaper than at the airport.

Dave.
Hi I believe the prices have changed lately can anybody give me a update on tobacco prices please i.e Goldedn Virginia. :que
VAT went up here in January. I bought 10 x 50g of Golden Virginia in town 2 weeks ago for €49,50. 200 UK brand cigs will be about 38 Euros ie half the UK price. Prices are the same everywhere.
The amounts set for UK personal use changed last Oct, and I have heard you will be limited to these amounts at duty free Faro airport.
yes pipefitter
the new allowances are here and official tobbac prices are here

wizard
The allowances for passengers are put down as guidelines but you can take more but you may have to justify that it is for personal use. The allowances can be found at ___________________ website.

sorry link deleted this is not an official govenment site refer to my link to HM Revenue & Customs ...Wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.