Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
dont know the complex but can reccomend guia its the home of chicken piri piri lovely food best place is ramires, then there is the football club for cheap drinks and snacks in guia town centre also close to algarve shopping which has cinemas, bowling alley and good food courts a lovely little place it also has easy access to the main motorway and close to albufiera old town about ten mins in a taxi hope you enjoy your hols :lol:
Hi Trevor,

Dont know the complex so cant comment on it. We stayed in Guia last June in a villa in Quinta dos Barrancos(I think!). It was a great base for travelling the Algarve if you have a car, very close to the main roads. This allows you to travel east or west easily and you are really close to the Zoomarine and the waterparks. 10 mins to the beaches and Albufeira.

Our villa was only a 10 min walk into town. There's not any real nightlife in Guia if thats what you are looking for. Mainly just restaurants and very laid back. The food is fantastic. Try Ramirez, Palladium and the one just down from the Palladium. They are all good. Piri piri in Guia is a must!

We knew it was quiet in Guia before we went and it was exactly what we were looking for (I watched the Scotland footy game in the bar across from the Palladium with my wife and the barman, only 3 of us in this great big pub on a saturday afternoon!!) . A relaxing holiday by the pool, the odd wee trip out to another town or algarve shopping during the day and eating out at night.

I have no idea what it will be like in April but in June it appeared pretty quiet but the restaurants were nearly always full. Travel 5 mins by car and there are loads of restaurants. Our fave was the Museu de Salgados, it was always busy.

Anything else, just ask.

Lummie 8)
Guia football club bar is always lively and a nice place to drink with the very friendly locals.
Hi, which villa are you booking?
We own a three bed villa with private pool in this area.
Casa dos Passarinhos.
We have holidayed here for over 30 years, it is paradise.
Cobbled tree lined streets, peaceful, safe for families, no rowdy parties.
Lovely manicured parkland for residents to to stroll around and relax.
Close to everything the Algarve has to offer.
Just a few minutes from ZooMarine and Algarve Shopping
Known as the Restaurant Village, due to the many fabulous family run good restaurants.
Only 10 minutes from Albufeira if you are interested in night life.
And only 30 minutes from Faro Airport.
Wonderful.........
Ellie Long
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.