Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi webbo

Buy it from the hypermarket and cook it yourself. I found the toast to be not toasted, eggs half cooked or over cooked a few strands of fatty bacon, cold beans. I tried a few places. I now prepare my own breakfast. You will probably find paying for the breakfast each morning in the palmeras playa better value and give you bigger choice for your euro's.

Mike 8)
:thanks Mike for that advise, in what you are saying this does sound the best option :glynis
Just back from Sa Coma and we had great breakfasts in the Britania, in front of the Coma Gran. Sausage, bacon, egg, beans, tomato, mushrooms, tea/coffee and toast all beautifully cook and very hot - cost €4 each. Lots of other places near by all round €5 did not try though so can't comment.
Have a great time.
Try Porky's on the sea front next to Burger king, this will set you up for the day. Its only a small snack bar but does good food, its run by Shaggy from Scooby Doo or at least he looks like him.
28sac

I know who you mean in porkies, i thougfht the heat had melted him. I ate there once and was not over impressed. I have eaten in the britiania bar as well not all that impressed. Its horses for courses, what person like another will not.

Mike
I think the Brittanna is Spanish owned so they might not be too hot on 'English' breakfast. :wink: As you say Mike, horses for courses, but I'm not into typical British fayre when abroad. Gail
Outside the britannia it says "british bar". All waiters except one are spanish with perfect english, the one is an english girl that has been on the island for 6 years and works mornings.
The evening compere Scott is english too.
The breakfast we ate could not have been more english if it tried. It is all down to taste as said, but I am sure you will find somewhere in Sa Coma that you will like too.
Hiya

We are in Sa Coma at the moment, staying with my girlfriends parents so we get to visit here regularly. Its really hot - 40 at the moment!

Anyway, take a look at our website we created http://www.aboutsacoma.com for lots of information before you come. We tend to concentrate our eating efforts on 3 main places in the resort, these being Juans Steak House, The White Lion and JJ's Bar.

JJ's tend to give a free bottle of wine with their meals and do traditional roasts, Juans has a wide variety of food on its menu which is very tasty and White Lion does HUGE portions of tasty food and is always packed every night with regulars!

Make sure you bring lots of high factor sun cream!
jauns staekhouse was one the places I had breakfast and it must of been the worst, white toast and half cooked eggs that were crusty on the edges. What annoyed the most were the flies in jauns never got them in other restaurants. One of my comments to my wife was they should really do something about the flies, but they don't look bothered. Never went back there again mainly because of the flies and partly because of the breakfast.
:thanks everyone for there replies, all the information that you have supplied has been good :glynis :glynis
Can you bring food with you. I know they stopped it for a while with the food scares i.e. meat.

On previous holidays we would bring everything needed to make our own breakfasts.
:thanks Sineadrus for the comments, by the sound of it I think we will take our own food for breakfast, and cook it ourselve.
Doesn't matter where you are.
I am a daughter of business man and i usually visit in different countries with my dad. So, my best companion is https://dinnerrestaurantsnearme.com/best-restaurants-near-me/ . Here you can find the updated list of best dinner and break fast restaurants near me and you too :p ..
I tried and i am really satisfy ..
Thank me later :).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.