Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Easter in Salou
16 Posts
Thanks for that. Have been reading reviews until they come out of my ears and some of them (not on this forum admittedly) seem to be complaining more about the people that stay there than the actual hotel itself. Anyway, we've booked the Molinos Park - after all, the break is what you make it and we're just going to chill for a weekend.
Hi

Am thinking of booking for molinos park but would be going into barcelona and travelliing home on easter sunday. does anyone know if the trains to barcalona run on easter sunday?

thanks
I've also booked a flight to Spain (Reus) during the Easter hols. Staying for 6 days. However, I am not sure if I should stay in Barcelona or Salou. The last time I stayed in Salou was about 6 or 7 years ago. Has it changed much since then? I would prefer Barcelona (for the culture) but I'm on a tight budget and I believe the hotels are more expensive there.

The Molinos park hotel in Salou is well within my budget. However, I've just read the hotel reviews on this site - and others - and it is plain to see why it is so cheap. I don't know if I am brave enough to stay there LOL Is it REALLY as bad as people say it is?

Also, is everything shut (shops, banks, public transport) during the Easter hols? are there any good fiestas at Easter? I love the Spainsh fiestas. Always a good atmoshpere.

I probably have a few more questions, but my mind has gone blank...will be back when I remember what I was going to ask your advice on.

Thanks in advance
Ive just booked to stay at the santa monica playa hotel. Dont know if this is in your price range but looked good for the price.
forgot to say booked it through fleetway travel
lwaxanatroi, I've just had a look on fleetway's website and it looks like they only offer package deals. I've already booked a flight, I just need to find a hotel now.
Yes, there are some terrible reviews on the Molinos Park - but there are also some decent ones so we're going for it. Our motto is going to be "always look on the bright side of life" and for £70 each for three nights all inclusive, what can we expect. If anybody else is there at the same time, we'll be the party of four who are people watching 'cos most of the reviews make it seem as though a lot of families from hell stay there - may make for some interesting viewing.
Just bumping up this thread as Easter is looming.

Is everything shut (shops, banks, public transport) during the Easter hols? are there any good fiestas at Easter?

Any info much appreciated. Just had a look at the weather forcast for next 7 days - not good. will need to pack a brolly!!
check out the weather now it looks goodish from Wednesday!
The weather forcast is not looking too good over Easter. I hope there's plenty to do. I've never been to Spain at this time of year before. Will everything be open in Salou?

Anyone else going over Easter?

One other thing. What's the best way to get from the Reus airport to Salou?

Thanks in advance

Sally
Hi Sally ...
What's the best way to get from the Reus airport to Salou?

You should find some useful info in THIS thread.

David :wave
thanks for the info David
just come back and would like to report that port aventura and salou were open and running for the easter weekend, would also like to say that the first choice rep at our hotel who informed us he couldn't get hold of a birthday cake due to the shops being closed on good friday was full of ?**! as we actually went into salou that day and had to go back later for a cake after he let us down!
On 6th March 2007 at 01:34pm, Gumbet Jakki said:
Hi, we've just booked a long weekend in Salou at Easter (Friday to Monday) - well we've booked the flight, not decided on hotel yet. Can anybody tell me if everything will be open - shops, etc? Looking at Molinos Park in Cap Salou (all inclusive) - doesn't get good reviews but how bad can it be for three nights for £70 each. Has anybody stayed there recently? Also got good price for Festival Village Apts (also AI) - similar bad reviews. Does anybody know which is the nearest of them to actual Salou centre? Ta!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.