Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi tattiedigger
I got the train from Barcelona airport to Salou 15 months ago. We had to go into Barcelona central and change. I can't remember how much exactly it was but I don't think I'd do it again even if it was free!!! There was too much pushing, pulling, being hit by handbags, suitcases, arms......for my liking! I had a few bruises on my legs to show for my trying to board the train efforts!
It may have been the time of day, so I don't want to put you off.
When we went last May we flew in to Reus, but my mums friend flew into Barcelona. I booked her a transfer with Resort Hoppa, think it was about £21. She was the only one on the coach on the way to Salou!
Hope this has been some help to you and I haven't totally put you off using Spanish trains! :)
Have a great time.
Thanks Wheatcrunchie, that info really helpful. Will probably end up with resort hoppa or plana bus. Wer'e flying with Globespan, who have their own transfers to hotels booked through them. They won't allow us on this coach as wer'e not booking hotel through them. The transfers they can arrange for us are priced sky high. Sounds like you have much experience in Dorado Area. This is our first time , and we can't make up our mind on accommodation. For this year we would like an aparthotel, but find difficulty getting good info on what is available. Initially, we considered the Playa Margarita, for it's closeness to beach. Then some reviews state that there are steep steps down to the beach and hotel sits on top of hill.
Our latest thought is Voramar near Cambrils, but getting info is not easy. We usually go to Prague or Majorca, and get excellent photos & videos of the resort. Also well balanced reviews, but not so on Costa Dorado. Even tourist board can't be bothered to reply to my emails. Son-in-law suggests tent on beach---I think not. :think
Hi, Can anyone who has used the Plana Bus comment on how close it goes to Sanguli Campsite? Thanks
I have just booked my transfers with Touchdown Tours in the end, as they were the same price as the taxis, and they will provide a child seat. In the end with a small kid its better to be organised.
Hi I need to get from Barcelona airport to Cap Salou or Pineda or just Salou in the summer, with 4 friends, can anyone help me? I have looked at the Plana buses, and they look good, but i dont know if you have to book in advance or not, any help or advice would be good PLEASE!!
Hi going to salou in 3 weeks time anyone know how much a taxi is from reus to cap salou staying at the top molinos anyone stayed there any info would be appreciated

Cheers
for those looking at Plana buses, the timetables are all on their website.
Does anyone know if resort hopper is reliable?
I will be arriving at Rues with an electric scooter, does anyone know if they will take this on the bus or are there taxis that are big enough to take a disabled persons scooter ? :sun2
Does anyone have a web address for aerobus, flying with Ryan air to Reus and staying at cap salou, thought bus would be ideal there are 3 of us.

Thanks

Jo
no need to book with them aerobus meets every ryanair flight then you book your return with the driver
Thanks for that but is it obvious where we need to go from the carousel, it's just that I panick especially with 2 kids in tow
Straight out of the main airport doors and you will see the buses parked opposite - its only a small airport so dont worry
Hi have been reading about transfers we are a family of 6 going to salou on thurs for 2 wks we havent booked transfers would we be able to use the aerobus and does anyone know how much it costs,we are flying into reus.
thanks in advance
Yes anyone can use the service, you dont need to book. I am a new member so cant post links to the website, but the bus meets all Ryanair flights and goes to La Pineda then Salou then Cambrils and will drop you off at or near your hotel. There is a conductor who will arrange your return pickup at your hotel. The fare is 11.20 euros return per person. Thursday timetable is Stansted - 0945, Dublin - 1340, Luton 1710 and Glasgow Liverpool Stansted 2215
Apologies if this has been repeated, how much is a taxi from Reus Airport into Salou?

Thanks.
hi there ive read on another post that a taxi is 35-40e for a trip from reus airport to salou

is this right as its only around 5-6 miles away???

its basically the same difference between arriceffe airport and puerto del carmen and all it costs for a taxi is sround 15e

surely for the same mileage it not more than double the price???

can anyone help me with the price or have a link to a website??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.