Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hello

some friends of ours have just moved out and they have got an apartment for either 350 unfurnised or 400 furnished, this was near Lindos but I am sure prices will be similar all over the island, so I am sure you will easily find something for the amount you have available.
Hi

If you let me have your email address I can you give a contact that I have.

Thanks

Sarah
Thanks very much for the responses! My e-mail is ******@gmail.com. If you guys have any specific names of properties, that would awesome. Thanks again!

personal e-mail removed for security reasons please use the pm system to contact this member...wizard
I don't seem to be able to send you a personal message, if you could send me on then I can reply.
I can't send you a message either. It says I don't have the "required faculty" or something. :(
petramenos

i will send you a PM [which you can the ues the reply button] to send the info to me, i will then pass it on for yuo

wizard
e-mail passed on

PLEASE REMEMBER all holiday information which may help other members should be discused on the forum...
Hello

Try KPMS, their web address is http://www.kpmsrhodes.com and RPM, their web address is INVALID URL they should be able to give you information on some long term property lets.
Try Maritime Hotel Apartments in Kremasti. Their rates up to June are 35 Euros per night. See their web site http://www.maritimehotel.gr/ for ful details

We have stayed at the Maritime many times and it is clean basic accomodation and good value.
Was the property you described on October Street opposite the Pavlides Hotel in Rhodes Town?
Yes it was! From the early 80s until 1999, it was a pension, "Marietta's". Then from 1999-2004, it was Nick's Cardinal Cafe. My father, Nick, ran the place.
For many years we always visited our friend (Pavlos) who worked at the bar at The Pavlides, and I do remember an American who used to pop over from the Marietta's Rooms for a chat.
My previous post refered to the Maritime Apartments in Kremasti. I believe some guests were full time residents and I am sure they would have negoitiated reduced rates for a long term stay if you are interested.
Thanks very much for the help. And yes, I remember Pavlos and the folks at Pavlidis. I noticed the Maritime had rates around E35 a night. I think probably the most we're looking to spend on a studio is around E500 a month. Maybe I'm naive to think we can get a rate that low, even outside of Rhodes town. Guess I'll find out. :-P
I think a cheaper alternative to Maritime would be Angela's Studios. I lived there for a while, she did a discount for paying a month upfront and had a few residents aswell as the tourist trade. I can't seem to find any contact details other than the price list/booking form available through Tommies Bar but i guess you could ask for long term rates via that link. http://www.tommiesbar.com/Angelas/index.php
On 13th April 2008 at 01:00pm, Petramenos said:
Hell all. I've been to Rhodes many times before, but this year my girlfriend and I are moving to the island. We're planning on booking two weeks at a new town hotel (maybe Alexia, we went there last year and enjoyed it) and setting out to look for work and a studio apartment when we arrive on May 7th.

What we're looking for is a VERY basic self-sufficient studio. Perhaps a single room with a bed and a shower and nothing more. I remember visiting some friends who were staying in a tiny apartment in Rhodes town like this back around 2000 for the equivalent of around E250 a month. I'd like to set up in Rhodes town, but I'm willing to live in a village and commute to Rhodes if it will save me some cash.

I'm sure the prices would be higher now, but do you think it would be possible for us to find a studio for maybe E300-E500 a month. We'd be willing to stay for several months in a single property.

Thanks in advance. Any information is appreciated.

[PS: My family used to have a pension/bar on 28th October St in Rhodes town. The pension was Marietta's Rooms and later on it was a sport's bar called Nick's Cardinals Cafe. They sold it in 2004. Anyone remember that place or Nick Potsos?]
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.