Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
HI,
When we sailed on Aurora about 18 months ago we were given details of parking from P&O. Then we went on a mini-cruise with Fred Olsen just before Christmas and that was a different firm, so maybe each cruise line makes its own arrangements because of security near the docks. My husband did all the sorting out so if you want any info pm me. Hotels near there include, Ibis, Novotel, Holiday Inn and also for the wealthy the De Vere Harbour. You could google 'hotels in S'hampton' and 'parking at S'hampton cruise terminals' P&O use The Mayflower terminal. Hope this helps.
Maureen S
Thanks a lot maureen, never been to southampton so did not know what to expect. I might get back to you closer to the time re your hubbys knowledge!
thanks
Andrews no longer provide the parking at southamton CPS do. There are loads of hotels some close others a bit further out but need taxi to get to from the ship definately worth it if you have to travel a distance or are on a longer trip since the parking is a bit expensive but very convenient since it is a valet service so you drop off at the terminal. It actualy works out at £6per day + £18-£20 valet charge (town carparks are £8pd)
There is also long stay at the airport or hotels near the airport.

Holiday Inn have cruise package at £149.

http://www.candps.com/index.aspx?id=10
The following links are for airport hotels with parking, but some may be close enough to the cruise terminal to be of use:

http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk

http://www.airport-hotel-shop.co.uk

luci :wave
The airport is near Eastleigh which is about 10 miles out of the city centre if I remember from taking my daughter back to S'hampton for Uni. A taxi from there to the port would be expensive. My parents went down to visit my daughter and stayed at the Travelodge in S'hampton and it was £6 from there to her halls.
cheers windjammer and maureen, It would have probably taken me ages to try and find even some of this info.
Holiday Inn do parking only. You don't have to stay in the hotel. In late 2003 they quoted us about half of what it would have cost at Andrews. It's only a mile from the Port Terminal so even with taxi, it's a considerable saving and no queues out of the car park when leaving.

Andy
thats great andy, thanks a lot, i'll check that out tomorrow.
Thanks Andy worth a look but I have never had to queue when driving but Taxi queue has always been long (private hire may be the solution)

Parents doing a QM2 so info may save me being the taxi.
Hi
Have just booked at Hiltons hotel. Ask for cruise package: B&B and 22 days car parking £170
Cheers
Mike
I always go direct to this place

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/

They have online discounts for most airports and ports and also hotels, and usually getting the hotels is cheaper than the car park but you get the car park free with the room
Looking on tinternet for best deal I can get on car parking at Southampton for a 10 night cruise.

Best deal I can find is £79 on http://www.cruiseparking.co.uk.

Anyone know if I can get a better deal elsewhere?
Hi all, information about port carparking at Southampton wanted. Also thinking about cruising from Southampton in mid/late May, 'should I bother?. Thanks in advance
Hi,
If you go to page 4 of this cruises thread about half wy down the page there is some info on parking. Whichever firm you book with should have info as well.
I have merged this topic with the one Maureen mentions so you should be able to find some information in the previous posts.

luci :wave
We've travelled once from Southampton before, (with Fred Olsen) and got free parking with CPS. When we arrived at the terminal a porter whipped our luggage away, and we parked right outside the terminal. Someone then drove it to the long term car park. We were pretty chuffed.

This time we're with RCI. They use ABP whose website states you can drop of passengers and luggage at the terminal and then self park in the long term car park and either walk or get a shuttle bus back to the terminal, and because you self park you keep your keys on the cruise.

I wondered whether any holidaytruthers had experience of both? do CPS and ABP operate at different dock gate areas?
Does CPS always do valet parking?
There's not much difference in the price. Which one should we choose pease?

Thank you

Chrissie :hmmm
Hi, Just found out that CPS don't deal with RCI ships - so no contest.

chrissie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.