EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi,

We have recently have purchased a 2 bedroom apartment in Santa Ponca and have considered the move many times. However the lack of work has put us off.

Regarding living amonst British people you will find generally it is quite mixed with British and Germans. South of Santa Ponca you will find the majority being German. I would say the most popular British area is Magaluff.Both Maguluff and Santa Ponca are about 10-15 minute drive to palma. Renting a property in my opinion is slightly cheaper than the UK. majorcahotproperty.com will give you an idea of prices for rental.

I'm unable to help regarding work but I would say that if you can speak the language then this will improve your chances with finding a job. In Majorca they have the Baleares little pages which is similar to the yellow pages here. This is mainly English and has a number of British building companys listed.If you contact them (companys listed) direct you may be able to find work. You may be able to get a copy of this book if you mail info@baleareslittlepages.com it is free to pick up in Majorca

Hope this helps and good luck!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.