EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Adam

I do not keep an inventory of everything in the apartment, I of course know that I have 2 tvs, a dvd, satellite, playstation etc, but I also know that certain items will need to be replaced over time and of course accidents do happen, so things such as cups, plates, glasses, I have a good supply of at the apartment, along with towels ( more than enough!) bedding etc.

If you have a property manager, then yes they should check on your main items, I do take a security deposit from each booking, but this is only to cover any damage to large items, such as tv, furniture etc. I have never (touch wood) had to hold a penny back from any of my guests.
Personally, I think having an inventory and leaving a copy in the villa is a very good idea.

It just makes guests aware that you know what's there and will make anyone think twice about removing anything.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.