Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
salou
23 Posts
Hi Megan - what a great offer, I'm sure you'll get inundated with questions now!

My husband and I are taking our 6 year old son, my 15 year old daughter and his 15 year old daughter (confused?) to Salou in July/Aug for 2 weeks. We're staying in the hotel Port Aventura. I last went to Salou 10 years ago when my daughter Tiffany was 5, then it was a very clean town and we felt quite safe on our own - is it the same now? Also I remember a little "road train" going from the beach front all around Salou, is it still there (my son would love it).

Any info gratefully received,

Juliet
i was there in 2003 and going back in may,i think salou is a great place for a family holiday,and yes the train is still doing its rounds,my kids love it too,im going to club villamarina so if anyone has been before your info would be appreciated ..thanks!
hi lilac labrador the hotel port aventura is one of the best hotels in salou great for familys an it is in a good location aswell. The train is still runnin it is known as the wolly trolly it is 1 euro per person an it takes you everywere. The crime rate in salou is the same as everywere i have never had any problems all the time i have worked there when your on the beach you should never leave your belongings lying around but it is the same anywere rearly.salou is a safe place an the people are rearly friendly there aswell. i hope you enjoy your holiday there as am sure you will it is a great place an the hotel is one of the best if you have anymore questions just feel free to ask
allso i work for cosmos we offer alot for the children such as party nights they are free a couple of nights a week we hold party nights in bars. they are rearly fun there is loads for the children to do such as games ,quizes face painting an mini disco for the little one. you will also find alot of kareoke bars an some of them hold there own party nights but there is loads to do in salou. sometimes they hold activties on the beach which is fun.
  • Edited by megan 2005-04-03 00:36:31
Thanks Megan for your speedy reply, I'm sure to think of loads more to ask!! Are you saying that kids can join in club activities in the bars even if they're not with Mytravel, or whoever?

Thanks also to Audbod - really glad about that train!

Juliet
It doesnt matter what tour operatour your with they are all run the same as each other. I am sure that what holiday company you are with will be the same but most of the bars in salou are for familys because it is a family resort i promise you you wont be short of things to do.
Thanks again

Will be in contact again, I'm sure, as I think of more questions!!
Im staying at Europa Park for a week on May 8th Megan. Have you been to that Hotel
Hi Megan

You really have let yourself in for something now, you will be bombard with questions and queries !!!!!!!!!!!
Starting with a couple of mine

We couldn't get good accomodation in Salou for July so we are going to The Ontario Apartments in Cap Salou, we will have two teenagers with us, and I know that Cap Salou will be a lot quieter but the two kids plan to bus and taxi back and forwards to Salou for the pubs and clubs, I am just a bit concerned about them getting taxis back , are the taxis reliable and would they be safe enough doing this ( girl of 17 and boy of 16)??? We will probably be in Salou most nights but just incase they have to come home by themselves when we fade

Jenni
hi megan

I have just booked over the internet for two weeks at santa monica hotel for august and was wondering if you knew of any reliable and good value taxi firms that do airport transfers. Also is it worth buying tickets to universal theme park here or there. many thanks dave
Whalleycakes

I was in Salou last month where are you flying to? We flew by Ryan to Reus and found that there is now a service bus at the airport that is only 9.95 euros return so you may find this is the cheapest way.

Hope you don't mind me answering this for you Megan :D
wendye

thanks very much for the info on busses but as there is four of us it should'nt be much more for a taxi (Ihope)

dave
Dave - don't forget that taxis can't always take 4 people's luggage! So unless you travel light, ie without a laydee, you may not all fit in!!!

Juliet
Hi Megan,

I am currentley looking for a decent holiday to Salou with my girlfriend, we think Salou because we like the nightlife and i'm a big kid for the water parks and universal park.

could you recomend a good quality hotel, not to many kids(we are going in September) we want a nice size pool but not to many people/apartments sharing it.
Quite close to all the entertainment and beach (we dont want a lot , i know)
Anyway
Hope you can help
Regards
Ernee
Hi Megan,

A friend and I are staying at the Mont Blanc apartments during the last week of June - we booked Salou purely because we have been told the waterpark(s?) are ace. Do you have any info about opening times / prices / tips etc? We are both mid thirties and want sunshine and scary fun - any other recommendations please?
Many Thanks
Ruth
Hi Lilac Labrador (love the name!)

I was in Salou last year, and I remember seeing the tractor train...I think it might go out to Port Adventura as well, but don't quote me on that!

8)
yep the train goes out to the theme park you can get it from most parts of salou
Hi Empress Mittens - your name's cool too!

Thanks to you and Fatboy for info on the train. As we're staying at Port Aventura it would be great if the train does go from there. Fingers crossed.

Juliet
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.