Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
maderno
4 Posts
Hi Lallygirl,
Can you please tell me where Maderno is, my husband is Italian and he's never heard of it.
Paula
Hi Paula and Lallygirl

Maderno is on the western shore of Lake Garda opposite Torri del Benaco.I spent a couple of hours there 2 years ago when hubs and I were based in Torri.

There is a car ferry goes across between the two places about every hour or so.It saves having to drive right round the lake road to get from east to west.Plenty of pedestrians only doing the trip.

Maderno has a lovely long flat promenade with loads of cafes/bars to stop off at .There are a few hotels along the front which looked nice and well maintained but I do not think it is a particularly touristy place not as picturesque as other places round the lake but I think it has a sandy beach.

I don`t know what is behind the front cos we just had a walk and then lunch at one of the cafes and soaked up the view,then the ferry back.Easy access to Gardone and Salo a couple of miles away.A trip over to Torri del Benaco is well worth it such a beautiful place and easy to walk round.

I don`t think your parents will have any problem getting about and I`m sure they will love it.
Caio.
Thank you - they cancelled last year because of worries. I hope they will enjoy this year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.