Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Went in early May. Few things you need to know & wouldn't be aware of from Web site.

Very,very French. Not necessarily a problem if you like the French & can speak the language. 99.9% of staff French (only some of which speak English well) with 90%+ of guests being French. Welcome meeting in French which was a problem when it came to the mechanics of how the various all inclusive bands/cards worked - very confused with inconsistent treatment for a few days.

Also childcare - if you put 1 x 2 year old in with 15 French speaking kids & 4 helpers who struggle with basic English she might get confused or frustrated (& she did,so was a waste of 220 euros as she wouldn't go back) .

That said we enjoyed it! Once we'd worked out what was what it was ok, nice site,quiet & nice beach,away from the madness of bits of Ibiza (past it now). Food excellent & staff & guests all friendly
99.9% of staff French

Blimey! They have over 1000 members of staff and only one is not french!?! :lol: Thats over 2 members of staff per person at this hotel! :shock: Fantasic! :wink:

Sorry couldn't help myself. :D I'm sorry... on a serious note, Club Med Ibiza has a website if you would like to a list of the activities and facilities at the hotel;

http://www.clubmed.com.au/find_a_village/villages/Ibiza71.html
i was trying to make a point without reference to actual facts!
It's a fair cop & i think i should apply for a position in the new government instead my job in the city.

It's still very French though
i was trying to make a point without reference to actual facts!
It's a fair cop & i think i should apply for a position in the new government instead my job in the city.

It's still very French though

I know. There was just too much bait for me not to take a bite! :wink: :D
I shall try to refrain myself in the future!
thanks for the information, glad you enjoyed it, we will wait and see - booked to go in 2 weeks.
Thanks again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.