Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
ibiza town is a great place for the family in the evening :)
you can get a meal in the many resturants,
have a walk around the harbour, and there are lots of
stalls selling some great craft things,
its a must for any visit to ibiza,
sorry cant help you with the distance from sant eulalia
but someone will be able to help,
have a great time.

love fizz xxx
Hi ,when we have a night out in Ibiza town we get the bus in from Santa Eulalia (very cheap )and get a taxi back .the taxi rank is just on the harbour infront of the bars and restaurants.the taxi fare is about 20 euros plus an 'after nine ' charge which is about 20% :)
Cheers, will do as you say - bus there and taxi back
Be with the 2 kids (3 & 6) , but still want to go there for at least one night.
Hoping they get to see some of the drag queens/fire eaters that the clubs send out to promote their nights, but seein as they'll get tired about half ten it will prob be way too early to see any of that ! :lol:
how long is it on the bus ?
hi again ,its about 30 to 40 minutes .
:D ibiza town is a brilliant night out for all ages.we went last year, and the year before and we will be going this year in 10 days yippee :D :D :D :D (to santa eulalia).we have gone on the first choice trip,last year on a friday night,i didnt think it was to badly priced)and there was the security of the coach back to your accomadation,but im sure its a lot cheaper d.i.y.any way be carefull at the port area when ordering drinks,some of the outdoor bars are fantastic and great for people watching,but often the prices arnt often displayed,i think it cost us £20 for 2 san miguel and 3 cokes.it was worth it though for the experience.i think the bar was called delphines or something,and the tables had flashing blue lights on them.(sounds tacky but wasnt).we ate at at a restaurant called mariners,and it was very nice.we were offered a jug of sangria free(easyly bribed).also,ivejust remembered,we got a boat trip in with the first choice trip, and a free drink in a bar.our kids were 12.9,8 and 3 at the time and all enjoyed it.my mum also went last year with her : partner(shes 68) and went back to santa eulalia on the disco bus at 2 oclock in the morning :o any way definately go,and if the kids crash out,it gives you time to have a drink in peace.
Cheers for advice - will def give it a go, and let you know how got on.
What have you made of Santa Eulalia , and have you visted any other good places in Ibiza with the kids ?
Hi JMO1970 Ibiza has many great places for kids!

The bus takes, as previous said, 30 minutes or so and costs 1.50eur per person each way, they are very clean and air conditioned coaches usually. You may want to buy a map of Ibiza Town and Santa Eulalia as they are both have lots of small streets to get lost down and a map will give you the confidence to do a bit of exploring. Also the bus station in Ibiza Town is into town a bit and cannot be seen from the main marina area. Its worth noting that during the high season the buses run through the night and not just during the day, these are called DiscoBuses because of the nightclubs officially but are basically the same thing. There is a website http://www.ibizabus.com where timetables and routes are available!

Ibiza Town is very expensive around the actual marina area as many of the bars are very trendy place to be seen sort of places, however a quick walk into the old town (where the late night market is held) will soon lead you to far more reasonable prices. You should really try tapas while in Ibiza Town as many of the places there are excellent and give a real authentic taste of Spain. The only thing I would say about Ibiza Town and kids is that they are likely to be exposed to the very liberal way things are done in the town on a night, especially Monday's which is the Manumission night where there are countless none bashful parades through the centre of the town, so you may want to make a decision on that one.

Santa Eulalia is a far more sedate affair and has a fantastic beach surrounded by international bars, cafes and restaurants. There is not much in the way of the late night markets and it certainly doesn't have the lively all night fiesta atmosphere on Ibiza Town, however it is home to some of the islands best restaurants and has a entire street full of street side places to eat which is closed to traffic in the evening. There isn't allot of entertainment for kids in a evening though, apart from maybe the Queen Victoria British Pub, http://www.ibizaqueenvictoria.com who play quizzes and is very family friendly throughout the night.

You may also enjoy Es Cana which is down the road again from Santa Eulalia (I think there is a direct bus from Ibiza Town) which has a large beach with water sports and is home to many family bars, it has a very British feel and you won't find much in the way of Catalan influenced culture here but the kids will probably love it!

Hope you have a fantastic holiday!
:D for the last two years we have stayed in es cana,which is brilliant for kids.there is a little fair that my kids loved,only a handfull of rides more for under 10 i would say.thre was also these trampoline things on harnesses that they loved also.we went most nights about 7,then we would go out for a meal to one of the many restaurants.the marvent restaurant is great for kids,the menu looks very englishy,but dont let this put you off,as the food is excellent,very clean and well cooked,and lets face it kids like burgers,nuggets etc.it was also very reasonably priced.we will visit this year for nostalgic reasons,and also because weve promised to take my youngest to the fair(i think its open between 7 and midnight).its easy to get to escana from santa eulalia,either get the bus or the boat over its not far.we went on the mini train also in escana,it takes you on a guided tour of various areas.thre is one in santa eulalia i beleive.we have only been to santa eulalia during the day before,so i am looking forward to seeing it at night.i think most kids activities are in the hotels,but as kids are welcome in most if not all the bars and restaurants going out wont be a problem.enjoy your holiday.
its brill for the family - watch them suss out the Ladyboys :!:
Is there a paticular night that is best to visit (were going mid July)
Visit where? Ibiza Town? Probably best to avoid Sunday as alot is shut and maybe Monday night if you don't want your kids exposed to the Manumission parades... other than that I am sure you will find it fantasic every night! :D
Yes, meant Ibiza Town.
How bad are the Manumission parades ? - think that might be fun
Not too bad at all IMO. I don't have any ( too young, well thats what I tell myself! :D ) however if I did I wouldn't have any problems with my kids seeing the parades (if indeed they are happening this year) I just thought some people might as Manumission and the other club nights are often very liberal and I wouldn't be surprised to see scantly clad men and women both with each other and together! Did I put that delicately enough?!? :lol:

You'll love it - don't worry. The great thing with Ibiza Town at night is that the clubbing crowd mix with the families extremley well, its high energy but also safe and friendly and easy to escape!

Rule of thumb with Ibiza town, if you get lost head to the marina area and get your bearings there. I really do encourage you to get a map as well espically if you are coming in on bus.

Hope you have a fantasic time!
Cheers, will definitely go - bus there and taxi back (i'm assuming its easy enough to find taxis to go home), if you hear of any particular nights of the week that parades for the clubs are on - post it on here mate..
Cheers for advice
De Nada!

As I say, Mondays are probabaly the best in high season as that is when Manumission (http://www.manumission.com/ takes over. Parades are often at around midnight. Manumission is for hardcore and experienced clubbers... to give you an idea here is the order of things ....
21.30 Mon - Bar M opens in San An for the pre-party
00.00 Tue - Parade through Ibiza Town
02.00 Tue - Large stage performance inside Prviledge in front of up to 10,000 clubbers.
08.30 Tue - Space in Playa Den Bossa opens its doors for the Manumission Carry On Party
16.00 Tue - Manumission ends... nearly a day after it begun! :shock: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.