Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I'd go on the assumption that if flights are landing taxi's will be there :tup If you're a little nervous then you could always prebook a taxi online. Or, you could try one of the airport transfer sites to see if they'll do a pick up.
I arrived early hours a few years ago with my son, taxis all in line waiting, no problem :)
pay around 30 to 35 euro.after 12 midnight.as you come out off airport doors into fresh air turn left.taxi rank is there.
Cheers. I thought they would be, but I was getting an bit nervous and considering hiring a car (which I don't want to do, as I spent all the last holiday driving, and couldn't have a beer!).

The price seems spot on to what I expected.
depends how many of you there is.just you or two off you.try sharing a taxi ask at rank...fair is a rough idea as to which part you going to.and waiting in traffic if san an is busy the meter still runs.but a good driver should take you shortest way.missing the egg island.as thats where it gets busy at night.
There's four of us, but I expected 35-40 for the trip going off previous years and allowing for inflation (although we havent been to Ibiza for 3 yeas and always had transfers before)
We're getting the bus to PDB on the last day and have booked a room for the day, then will get a taxi from PDB to the airport.
Last holiday in Salou, I drove over 900 miles in the week, never doing that again!
your getting two or 3 buses to pdb you mean number 22 from san miquel goes to san an.from there get the number 2 bus to ibizatown.thenthe 14.or you need to get up the hill to san miquel and get the 25 to ibizatown,then the 14. ..taxi;s from pdb will be around 10 to 11 euro.depends which end of pdb you are and if you flag one down or phone one up from hotel.try and get to taxi rank a few euro;s cheaper.try at airport as well to look for the bigger esate cars.if not a nornal size taxi is fine.he will strap cases with boot lid open.

islands small anyway.i would look at pre hiring a car in resort for 3 days at least.but don;t drink in day.but get out and about.getting home for 7.8 pm.so you can drink at night.

take it you in port d san miquel..down the hill from san miquel?.
Cheers for that - we've used the buses a fair bit in the past, so knew we'd be changing a couple of times.
The only reason for doing it this way is that our rooms have to be vacant at 10am or 11am and our flight isn't until 1am, and whilst we could get a room to use there, I imagine there will be a few last-minute purchases we need (and I can get a couple of hours kip to get ready for the drive home at the other end!), so PDB is a decent place for that and not too far from the airport.
As for luggage, we're only taking 4 carry-on's and a case, all of which will be going in a Peugeot 207 for 4 hrs to Luton, so not too worried about taxi size :D
Finally, yup, Port De San Miguel, at the Balansat.
stayed there for 3 days years ago.not bad for price.which hotel you got for a night in pdb.
The Ebano (only costing £16). We stayed there 2003 (I think) and loved it but never went back. Nice and quiet hotel then (no idea about now) and was great for the kids with the play area over the road which.
We stayed at the Torremar in San Miguel back in 2005 and loved it there too, but until this year we've never stayed at the same place twice.
Well, got back this morning (submitted a review on the Balansat).

The taxi cost a tad under €40. We got the bus back to Ibiza Town and then a taxi to PDB (€6.50), and another later to the airport (€12)

We only just made the flight from Luton, took over 7 hours to do the 200miles due to the M1 being closed, so we really enjoyed relaxing for a week, even if it was chilly on a couple of days.
thought you might have got the bus to pdb number 14.,but with cases and price its better option.glad things went ok for you.you learned a few things while out there at all.

you got link to review
It was raining and we had a 45min wait for the bus, so decided a taxi was worth a couple more euros :)
Will add the link later ad I'm using my phone at the moment
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.