Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I stayed at the Regent a couple of years ago. It depends on the rooms you have booked, there are different categories but all rooms seem to be pretty good. There are two lovely pool areas and lots of different restaurants, the beach is nothing special and I never went in the sea. The area is pretty laid back, the hotel runs a shuttle bus to Hua Hin( for a small fee) a few times a day.
Take a travel kettle and a few supplies if you like to make a drink as none were provided in the rooms.
There were a few excursions on offer from the hotel, but I didn't go on any as I had toured the area some years ago.
Hi. Well we booked the Hilton HH for next July. I am so excited. Thomas cook beat Kuoni price and threw in free insurance and low deposit till the end of the year. It is exactly the same as what Kuoni were offering. Flying via Dubai with emirates. Thomas cook reckon they can beat any price (wish I had known that years ago!!). We have friends that have apartments out there and they do say the beach isnt up to much but we look for a good pool area more. Wish I knew about these long haul destinations years ago. I priced up this and some apartments for Lanzarote and this was cheaper. Unbelievable!!
I quite like flying via Dubai. We had a couple of hours at the airport( and the shops are great!). It helps to break up a long flight as well.
we have booked the anantara for next sept with tradewinds, got lots of freebies and only paid £745 each, has anyone gone to bkk by train from HH? i think this would be nicer than another plane trip...
Phil
I may be wrong but I don't think there flights to HH anymore. They were certainly stopped just after we went. Even if there is you will find a very small baggage weight limit on the flights.
I don't know anyone who has taken the train but I would imagine it would be fine.
Cha am's average is 89 degrees for September and has about 5 inches of rain.
Hi first time on here, went to Anatara in Jan 05 great place but very expensive to eat and drink there, also went to Chiang Rai, Rimkok Hotel another place we can recomend. I think they just started flights from BK to HH but watch the luggage allowance. Train takes approx 5- 6 hours. HH town is great people are so friendly, you will enjoy it Phil
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.