Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
I am not surprised that they are worried. I was looking at some of the new offplan developments and I was not tempted by them- they looked monstous. I think that they may be ok for rental but would be very difficult to sell on.
Having read the report, it would be a shame if Bulgaria turned into the Costa's :roll:
Yes it would be a real shame if Bulgaria was to end up like all the other overbuilt resorts.

I'm going in a couple of weeks and the reason we chose Bulgaria was because at the moment it is still pretty unspoilt compared to alot of other resorts.

In a couple of years it will end up like the Costas. Shame they can't see that alot of tourists also enjoy the local history & uniqueness.

Eventually it could end up with lots of larger louts going for cheap booze :bhead
We are now looking at investing in property in one of the ski resorts. I am tempted by Pamporovo and have been told that building that building here will be strictly regulated and there will only be a limited amount allowed.
Hi Minko there was alot of lager louts this year in G/S .Our hotel had a lot of them ,and a lot of the famlies kept complaining to the hotel staff about it.When we were walking down from our hotel there were lots of young people walking about with bottles of beer all the time we were there.Also a lot of broken botles and rubbish lying about .Last year the resort was clean,but not this year .It is a shame as we loved G/S June :shrug They have turned it into a young peoples resort .Our Bulgaria friends do not like what is happening in there Country :no
Hi June, thanks for the post & what a shame :roll: although I'm going to SB not GS I'm pretty sure they will be there as well.

I guess as least I've got some warning about them. Why do they have to go spoil everything for everyone else?

I think the locals should unite & voice their opinions to the powers that be. I know it may not help but the local government should realise they will have to foot the bill for the damage these hoodlums leave behind.
SB AND GS are having a huge resort boom, my friend, whos bulgarian is worried about it.

But, theres already a hell of a lot hotels in the resorts, there cant be the need for such a big resort boom in one time, they should spread itt out.

They will just build further out to the woodland , and the resorts may become too commersilised for my likeing.

brad 8)
Have seen so many changes in G/S since we started going in1994 the hotels ,clubs and bars ,restaurants,that have sprung up is unbelievable I loved G/Sbut since 2001it has got so big ,and this year it was over run with young ones.They are entitled to there holidays .but they should also consider the other people there when they go wild with drink . :shrug
hi,

I agree, I went to GS back in 1995 or 1996, cant remember the exact year, but the resort has apparantley changed so much!

I havent been back to GS since then, i go to SB now, but if it has a large boom like sunny beach, it will be good and bad. At least now, you have some good quality hotels, bulgarian hotels use to have a bad reputation, but now the new hotels are lovely, but i fully understand bulgarian nationals worries.

Hopefully going to GS next year, and im expecting it to be a hell of a lot different than 95/96!

I know SB has changed a large amount since i first visited in 2000.

yours,
brad
in sunny beach at the moment and i have never seen so many unfinished hotels and apartments.they are everywhere.we came last year and its changed so much.hope they build them better than the VP. is full of leaks. :roll:
This year in G/S they have started building private apartments they were up for sale before we came home on 21July. they are built on the site where the Iglika hotel was and are just up from chevorn rak It is a private complex.G/S is getting bigger and bigger every year.They have waisted a lovely place . :bawl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.