Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
1. whats the nearest resort from airport about £35 taxi?

Roquetas would be your nearest resort and a taxi shouldnt cost that much.Sorry cant help with the other info but hopefully someone will soon,John.
Not sure if this will fit your budget of 35pound transfer, but some years ago we stayed at the Pueblo Indalo Apartments in Mojacar and flew into Almeria. These were very family orientated, basic 3* SC accommodation, we went SC and ate out all the time but you could get H/B as well. I used a tour op, but imagine you could book them direct and use your cheap flights.

You could try googling them and see what you get, plus check HT for any reviews to see if they would suit you.

It was quite a long coach transfer, but I'm sure it would be quicker by cab.
They were right on the beach, although you had to cross the road. The beach was a bit gritty from what I remember (we are pool people!)

Happy holiday hunting. :wave
I am looking up hotels in Roquetas half board and these are looking nice

playa linda

trinidad

colonila mar

playa capricho

however I have no idea how far they are from airport and wether they are in the resort area just incase I want to go out for a walkabout and shop. I also need to know what the beaches are like...sandy? Sorry for all thequestions but I have to look before I book 8)
Mojacar would be 100 euros e/w in a taxi but http://www.tarletontravel.com offer a pre-booked coach transfer (New this year) for about 30 Euros PP return which is good value and you dont have to book your flight with them as before,best wishes,John.
so Mojacar and roquetas are ok but there are so many hotels where do I start? I have read all the reviews on here of all the hotels yet Ii am still unsure if I am doing the right thing for my daughter.
Hi Vegasone,

If you've been checking the reviews you've probably seen mine on the Neptuno, I would say it would come pretty close to meeting your requirements. I can't comment on the food but the place was very friendly, the kids entertainment is OK but basic but my daughter who was 11 at the time made lots of friends so she was kept entertained. The location is ideal, you don't need to go far, 5 mins to beach, 2 to shops & bars etc. Any questions just ask.
thanks I have booked Majorca now as I thought that Almeria was too spanish for my daughter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.