Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Hi Amy

Camps Bay is lovely and one of the better parts of cape Town(used to live there many moons ago) it has one of the best beaches in the the city and regularly features in world guides.It is quaint yet vibrant with lots of good cafes and restaurants,many have alfresco dining on the sea front so you can watch the sun go down.The accomodation is high class.It also has the usual shops and supermarkets there,so ideal for diy.Its not high on the nightlife scene and would say thats its a bit quiet after the pubs shut,so to speak.
Gordons Bay is very quiet,not much going on there,but pretty its main claim to fame is the officer training centre for the SA Navy.You might find it a bit boring for anything other than a day or two.

Pricewise SA is reasonable,not as cheap as it used to be as the currency is very strong at present but better value than Spain.If you like seafood its heaven.

I`m off to Cape Town next week so I`ll post again when I get back
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.