Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi Emma Welcome to HT.. we have several members from the travel industry a full mix i think we certainly have pilots cabin crew holiday reps and a few agents, all are welcome to join, especially those with specific knowledge. WE have but a few rules the main ones are that you do not advertise or promote your own group companies< Which i am pleased to see from your third paragraph you have no intentions of doing.

SO Join in any forums you feel comfortable

Wizard
Hi Emma

Welcome to our big family here on HT :wink

It will be good to get your views, tips and advice.

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Graham :sun

PS Remember to follow WIZARDS advice or he will turn you in to a frog :rofl
Thank you for your messages and i hope to be of some help! Emma x
Emma,

Hope all is well on the baby front...

Please can i ask why travel companies insist on charging adult prices for children as soon as they reach the age of 12 yet do not provide the use of adult facilities?

We went to Gran Can in March 2006 and the boys (aged 13) were charged as adults. This is fair enough, however, we were told they were too old to share our room (over 12) but not old enough to have their own room as they were not adults (over 16)..this was so confusing. Are they adults or aren't they? We had to pay adult price for them...We were then told we would have to have a family suite, which had a pull out sofa bed for only one of the boys..which was a supplement of £14pppn, doubling the cost of the holiday virtually.

I appealed against this and the lads were given a twin room of their own next door to us, with no extra supplements to pay. They behaved exemplary too!! ( i did wonder if worries about the potential behaviour of teenagers might have been an issue)

We will be in this predicament/catch 22 until 2008!

Please advise if there is anything we can do as i really don't want to be arguing or appealing every time i try to make a booking for a holiday.
Hi Emma
Not to long now until baby comes(that will be easy once you hear all us bombarding you with questions) :rofl
I have a question that has been baffling me for some years now. :hmmm
When we booked our first holiday there was myself,hubby and our 3 children,Oldest being 15 at the time(child prices went upto 19 for this hotel)He was put down as a adult as the TA said it was cheaper(dont know if that was true or not,we just took it as so)We had a 2 bedded apartment(but 1 bed was empty)so I think we had a supplement because of that.
This is what baffles me.How come no matter how many people are going on holiday TA always find a way to add this supplement on :shrug

It always says based on four sharing(our party is 2 adults/2 kids) and i am still paying £252 supplement. Is the no supplement based on 4 adults if so what is the difference there is still 4 in the apartment even if 2 are children.
Hope you can help me out on this cos i never ever seem to get a straight answer.please help my little brain to understand where these supplements come from. :wink:
Thanks
Kerrie :wave
Ps Saying all that i did get a good deal though. :roll: But £252 supplement :yikes :yikes :yikes
Hi

If you have a 2 bedded room it will sleep either 5 or 6 adults generally, so if you only have 4 people in the room you get charged for under occupying the room. On the other hand if you have a 1 bed apartment and you have 2 adults and 2 children, generally the children get a reduction so they are not classed as adults and you get underoccupancy. To have no underoccpancy you have to fill the room i.e 1 bed apartment - 4 full fare paying adults etc.
The travel Agents dont charge this, it is the Tour operators.
Hope all is clear?

poppy
x
Spot on Poppy. Thats why sometimes if the child price is high, it is better to class all as adults and hence no under-occupancy is charged.

Kath HT Admin
All tour operators work there prices on max 2 child sharing with 2 adults.

Therefore 2 adults and 3 kids would get charged as 3 adults and 2 kids even if kids where only 8 9 10 the eldest would be classed as an adult.

If using 2 rooms they would then charge as 4 adults and 1 child needs to be 2 full fare paying passengers per room. This is because the hotel owner still charges the same for the room whether it is occuppied by adults or older children.

Hope this helps
Hello Emma, and welcome to the wild, wacky and wonderful world of HT. I hope you enjoy participating in the discussions as much as we all do. My best wishes for you with your new baby when he/she arrives.

Now, when you have time to reply, my question is about Single Room supplements. You will see this topic mentioned several times in a number of threads spread over the boards.

But I would like to know WHY Tour Operators charge Sinle Travellers like myself Single Room Supplements for what is in effect nothing more than a broom cupboard. From my experience it is NOT the Hotels that impose these charges, but TO's like Thomsons who do.

Your comments would be much appreciated.
Hello this is Emma. I am just posting a very quick reply to say that i wont be posting on here and i am sorry for the delay but as i posted i was pregnant and on maternity leave... since then i have had a premature birth and there have been many complications. I myself have been back from hospital only a few days and im not sure when my new baby will follow me home
:( My new baby a beautiful girl, was born on the 29th march 2006. Sorry to dissapoint anyone wanting my help, but as im sure you will understand i need to be somewhere else. Sorry to drop this on all of you. I know its a holiday forum. Thanks again
don't worry...it's more important to be with your baby girl....i hope everything goes ok for you both....best wishes for the future..
HI Emma, I do hope your baby girl is home with you very soon.

With my very best wishes, Starryxxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.