America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
have alook at the reviews on this site and tripadvisor.com. have a look at hotelscomparison.com aswell. we stayed at the affinia manhatten next to penn station. it gets good reviews.my friend stayed at the belvedere and liked it. it depends how much you want to spend aswell.
kiershay
You will find some reviews in our American section HERE

There are a few for hotels in New York. ;)
Kath HT Admin
I would suggest when you choose your hotel, prior to booking, make sure that if you decide to cancel you can do so without incurring any penalties.

For example, you may book now, and find a cheaper deal closer to the time.

Whilst you may find a bargain, November is not cheap in New York:

The first Sunday in November is the New York City Marathon

The fourth Thursday is Thanksgiving Day Parade,

Veterans Day November 11th is a federal Holiday, which means banks and post offices are nearly always closed.

Rockefeller Centre Christmas Tree Lights switch on.

I would recommend you book your hotel asap, as prices are likely to increase.

I am a Platinum member of ICH, so may be biased in my opinion, but the following website have hotels in and around Manhattan, with reasonable rates, and most hotels you can cancel with no penalty: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/.

Driver02
Completely agree with Driver. Nov is very busy and expensive.

We have stayed the past 2 years in the Belvedere, its within our budget, we know the location, know what to expect of the hotel etc.

You need to think of your budget, what you want from a hotel (remember in NYC you will not be in your hotel much)

Location, anywhere in midtown if its your first visit and beside a subway station, we used the subway a lot to get around.

Have a look at the usual hotel sites as well as priceline etc and book something now that can be cancelled without penalty incase you do find a better deal. Read the reviews on here and on trip advisor before you book though!

HTH
Jaime C :wave
Stayed at the Milford Plaza, very clean if a little basic, a lot of aircrew stay here. Very handy location just 3 min walk to 42nd street/time square.

Also heard the Novotel can be very good with some good special offers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.