Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Two little holes about an inch or so apart - just like they ones all over Europe - same adaptor...
Er they are not all the same adapter, the last two years we used the ones from boots in the newer section of our hotel, but in July this years it wouldnt fit at all, so at first we used the one from the fridge in our room. We then took the adapter to one of the supermarkets opposite the jolieville hotel at the end of Naama Bay and bought one from there for 50p, it worked great. So now we travel with two adapters, but as i say they are cheaper to buy in resort, depending where you are.

Michelle.
so are you saying we need to take a different adapter to that used in mainland europe?!
Depends on your hotel and whether parts of it are old and some are newer rooms. i would take the one suggested in the above post, but if it doesnt fit, then buy one from the supermarket in resort for approx 50p
At the Conrad, Sharm, two pin (round) are required.

Pippy :D
I am going to the Calimera Moderna in Sharm, i believe that it has been recently updated so im guessing the new type. The one you got from boots was the standard european one yes?
Did a search and egypt has two as previously said.

http://users.pandora.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm#plugs_c

types C and f furthur down page.

dazer
anyone know what the plugs are in sharm are they flat pin pin or round as i can't remember

*Merged to existing topic Briar
yes i know that , i just cant remember whether there the round pin type or the flat pin ones ,as we don't want to take both types
They'll be round pins - same as the European adaptors.
thanks alan ,can't wait to try out my latest underwater digi can set up ,you can't know how gratefull i am for your advise last year
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.