Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
should be the same price.. the resale prices of tobacco products is set by the Government in the south

yasus
wizard
I bought back a lot of GV but bought it from local shops, i found it easier than airport, plus it had to go in suitcase as so heavy.
We too intend to buy a large quantity i.e 6 kg. Would I have a problem obtaining this in Larnaca on a Sunday?
Hi,

I live in Limassol and am aware that the Orphanides Express supermarkets are open on Sunday but none of the main large Orphanides or Carrefour supermarkets are open as they are restricted to opening times.

The stores still close around 2pm on Wednesday afternoon and all day Sunday.

Apparently, there is an Express in the Vergina area of Larnaca. I'm not familiar with the area but a Google search indicates it's in close proximity to the General Hospital and the airport.

You will still find the kiosks (periptero) shops are open and shops in the tourist areas and around Makenzie beach will be open on Sunday if you intend to spend time in Larnaca before heading for the airport.

However, the airport duty free (tax paid) store will be open and will be accessible to you on your arrival so you can always check the costs when you land at Larnaca. At least that way you can make an informed decision.

As a rule, cigarettes and tobacco are cheaper in the north but you are restricted to bringing only 200 cigarettes per person over the cease fire line into the south. Not sure if I've seen Golden Virginia in the north but have seen Drum and Samson.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus

PS - last visit to the airport indicated a pack of 200 Silk Cut cigarettes cost €38 and actually works out cheaper for my husband to buy his packets individually from our local kiosk!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.