Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Simple answer is you can get a three course meal at a cheap and cheerfull for 6 euros or you can pay 50 euros at some posh place, tried literally hundreds over the years.
I don`t like recommending particular restaurants as they can vary so much on the night, (chefs night off etc.).
If you like spanish they nearly all have menu of the day which are usually cracking value.
There`s a couple in the Valdez Centre facing the bus station and another two near the entrance to Trebal (supermarket) higher up than the bus station.
My particular favouites are the three spanish ones almost facing the police station just in PDLA police seem to eat there.
Look a bit tatty from the outside but are incredibly cheap and the food plentifull.
You can try el cine just off the town beach (tapas bar) but it`s in the shade, the food is very good and reasonable, downside the owner can be arrogant something which I personally detest.
Rodz
Hi Rodz

That's really helpful, my husband lived in Spain for nearly 10 years and we've been all over the mainland for holidays but first time to Tenerife. After the initial doubt of being dragged into the most scuffy bars you can imagine I love them now as they are the true spain and such good value and as we both speak Spanish (well, me a bit) we usually get freebies on the second visit! Thank goodness most of the brits don't go there. We're staying at the Azahara Playa apartments on Calle Finlandia so are the places you mentioned near us? Being a Yorkshireman who speaks spanish my husband is a good match for an arrogant spaniard!!!

thanks again

Katy

o
If you leave your apartment and go up the main street toward the centre of Cristianos you pass a load of bars and restaurents on the right including some tapas bars which have wonderfull views over las vistas beach.
If you go to the top of the street there is a roundabout and just up the hill to the left you will see two tables outside a tapas bar, something like el casero, spanish guy with his yorkie dog will be sat at one of the tables (you need to sit outside in the sun) good variety of tapas there.
There`s another one on the corner before you go up to the one I have just mentioned, that`s really Spanish, again there is another one right on the corner going down to the port very sunny spot so they do well, and they do a menu of the day, then there`s El Cine.
I am sure you will find your own favourites.
If you go the other way from your apartment you will come to the posher bit (Safari Centre) loads of good if more expensive restaurants but perhaps not quite as authentic.
Hope it goes well, we are there from 3rd Dec to March, can`t wait to get back.
Rodz
thanks Rodz, definitely give them a try.
Katy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.