Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hi This post caught my eye, anyone know what the prices are like at the moment, going in may and trying to get an idea what to expect, eating out shopping things for the kids

any info

thanks xx
hi little me...I booked my hols for this july not long after I posted the original above....decided on gran caneria....and my hols have gone up and up and are nearly £800 dearer for the 4 of us AI for 2 weeks and nearly £2oo dearer for the booking I made for 2 other members of the family for a week same time same place.......so unless late booking sale before we go I am quids in...tweetie
During 2009 summer the now 2 major tour operators reduced the number of guaranteed units (these are rooms which are paid for in advance, and where late deals usually go). This reduced the risk and shrank the market, so now they could sell the same number of full price bookings, and have to discount fewer in order to meet capacity. I would expect the same this summer, the days of 99 quid holidays seem long gone. I would suggest if you see a price you think is acceptable the book it. 2010 and 2011 summers will probably benefit the early bird.
Hi, Sorry it was not booking prices I was after it was in resort prices I was after, I booked this holiday last june and got a very good deal compared to if I look at same deal now nearly double. I find if you get a good deal early enough then grab i especialy because of kids you don't seem to get late fam 4 deals anymore.

I think its my fault think I might have posted for resort info, on wrong board, but any info appreciated, eating out, exchange rate, anything really.

thanks
Most prices havent changed, a few places bump prices up for winter as the Scandis will pay more. You can spend as much or as little as you like, most places offer happy hour on drinks or 2 for 1 all night etc. Meals can vary too. British brands tend to be quite expensive as they can be expensive to import.
Prices where I drink

2 local lager 3e
2 local spirits 5e
2 Budweiser 4e
2 Carling 5e

Food
T Bone 13e
Sirloin 9e
Fish N Chips 7e

Newspapers 2e
Beans 89c
All Bran cereal 2.6e

exchange rate is currently 1.10, i'll check on my way in to work. Generally it is slightly better in resort than in the uk
I'm gambling on taking just enough euros for the first day or so & then exchange the rest in pounds. As for the holiday, we've gone diy this year and saved £200 or so per person on the TO prices. It's still more than we've paid for most SC holidays in June in the canaries but it seemed like it was pay up or risk prices going up even further.
Thanks that sound ok, not too expensive go in may can't wait
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.