Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Couldn't you apply for one just for this purpose?
Does'nt really answer my question that but yeah i have and have been refused
No it didn't answer your question as I don't drive so wouldn't know but thought I'd offer you an option :tup
If you Google "car hire without credit card" quite a few hits come back. There's a thread on MoneySavingExpert that says one car company in Spain will accept a debit card:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=442281

They are Sol-Mar (in Spain) but you HAVE to book through valuerentalcars.com and put a note on the addition info box that you only have a debit card, not a CREDIT card.

Not sure though if Sol-Mar do rentals in the Canary Islands.

Hope you get sorted,

Jock.
Not sure why people have problems with debit cards at TFS, have hired cars from all stands at TFS with debit card and never had a problem yet, debit cards carry a visa motif, I ALWAYS USE A DEBIT CARD, Use it with confidence I must have hired at least 30 times!
is it a visa Debit card !
if so tell them its "visa" it does make a difference ;)
Hi, I had a similar problem but found that Auto Reisen at the airport will accept debit cards although they do take a 100 euro deposit which you get back when the car is returned.

They ask for a credit card to "reserve" this cash on their system but you cant do it with a debit card.

There is no problem the guy seemed very happy to accept our card and it all took 10mins.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.