Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
By co-incidence, I had to do the same( but with a cc). I did phone Qatar and ask- I was told it was fine and I took the name of the person who gave me the advice and they also told me to phone back if there were problems. And I'm so glad I did, as the check in person did query it. She wasn't too sure of my answer but I gave her the name and the number and she checked and it was fine.
BA, on the other hand, never have a problem. I do have to go to a desk for further verification but that's it. What I found strange really is that they must have this problem all the time, so I shouldn't have had the problem with Qatar.
Thanks Fiona, Think I will try and call them again a bit closer to the time i fly then. I might get someone a little more helpful. Just another thing to add to the joy of flying to Goa :cheers
Hi just seen this post if i might ask why do you need to show your debit card to check in. I have bought my wife's tickets to Qatar for years on my credit card but she has never once been asked for the purchasing card at check in??
Hi Qatarman. I have flown with Qatar several times from Manchester. On almost every occasion I have been asked for the card I made the purchase with at check in. I understand it to be part of the check in requirements. On my flight last year a lady wasn't allowed to board until her husband came back to the airport with his card that he used to pay for the ticket. I'm pretty sure it says something somewhere on the website about this.
I think the difference is I don't buy online I buy direct with Qatar Airways here in Qatar.
Think you are probably right about buying in Qatar. Also the amount of traveling you do with them they must smile when they see you on the passenger list ;) :)
Not anymore unless they change the pricing policy they are too enpensive now for us here in Qatar. Changed to KLM.
I have enough miles for the Wife 3 Business Class trips and that's my love of Qatar Airways over.
My ex is flying home, for the very first time with Qatar Airways, from Saudi, as KLM has become too expensive :que Is he likely to have a problem on his return then, seeing as the company has paid his ticket, rather than him, or is it only for online bookings?
Hi Madsue I wouldn't like to say yes or no on this one. Probably a try a quick call to their offices for some peace of mind.
Well probably cos he's my ex I shouldn't care either way :rofl But I will tell him to check, so thanks :cheers
Madsue if the company bought his ticket it will be by invoice not Credit/Debit card so he will have no problems.
On KLM my ticket Doha/Amsterdam/Leeds return is £800 cheaper than Qatar Airways to Manchester.
That is Business Class. There are lots of complaints here in Qatar on the price of flying Qatar.
Not with Qatar, but with BA. The T&C's have always stated that you need to take the card the flight was booked with to check in. I also kept an expired card for this, but it was never asked for. Until this year.

I had checked in online, but opted to print the boarding passes at the airport as we had connecting flights so needed more than one. Used the self-service terminal at the airport where there was someone assisting. Gave her the passports, but after putting them in she asked for the credit card it was booked with. It was lucky I had it with me as it was one I wasn't intending using when we were away.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.