Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Protaras/Pernera
22 Posts
either should do as they are next to each other and most travel agents sell both as Protaras anyway... depending on your hotel you will be about 20 mins walk from either, Pernera is a little smaller/quieter Protaras has the busy night life and bigger choice of eating places we don't mind either

yasus
wizard
Thanks for yoy reply.
I cannot seem to find a 2 bed apt in the centre of Pernera or Protaras,i keep coming across apts in Kapparis which looks like a ghost town.
I have just checked the flights to Larnaca and they work out £492 for the three of us,do you think they may become cheaper or is it best to book them now?

Many thanks

LM
there is no such thing as a cheap flight to Cyprus, what you have doesn't look bad to me but some of our members may know better,

as you are doing it yourself.. have you looked at Med-hotels, bookable beds and such sites that only do accommodation as they will offer more choice than the big 3

yasus
wizard
I don't know of any 2 bedders in Protaras or Pernera sorry, I am sure there will be some, but...

You will find more info on Kapparis here http://www.kapparis.info (HT member Marions site)

Is it the Amore you are looking at by any chance?
Captain Karas have 2 bed apartments in Kapparis
http://www.captainkaras.com

Flights will only go up in price, you don't say where from or who with or when, but £492 for three people is pretty good.
We are looking to book for next Easter and the best we can get without travelling 100's miles to Gatwick is £179 each.

hth

[Edit: Prompted by this thread, I have just got my bottom into gear and booked 2 weeks for next Easter :sun2 ]
Thanks for yor reply pubdog.

Looked at the captain karas apts, bit too expensive unfortunately.

I have spent the last 2 days looking, think i may have to look at different resorts, Larnaca looks nice and there is more availability there for 2 bedders.

I really would not mind a 1 bed as there is only 3 of us,but the camp beds they provide are not in any way suitable for an adult,nor are the sofa beds advertised,just wish they would put the metal action sofa beds in the apartments.

Oh well back to the drawing board lol

LM
Hello Littleminx, just had a quick look around for you and wondered if you had tried Olympic holidays, they have plenty of the accomodation you are looking for and I can say with some confidence, they are a good firm to book with(last three trips to Cyprus with them)their prices are very good too.
Hiya aitchpee,

I actually checked Sweet Memories apts with Olympic this morning,they would not let me book the 2 bed apt as it was a minimum occupancy of 4 adults.

Did you see any other 2 bedders on there?I really appreciate you having taken the time to look for me, many thanks.

LM
if you fancy Sweet memories then see if you can book direct [and the cost] by sending them an e-mail at[url=Email:info@sweetmemoriesprotaras.com]

yasus
wizard
Many thanks for that wizard,i will send them an email, fingers crossed.

LM
further info for you.. sweet memories are situated just off the main road half way between Pernera and Protaras Aprox 600 mt from the top of Protaras strip 2000 mt to fig tree bay and 1500 mt from the center of Pernera

yasus
wizard
littleminx
Just to clarify, you do realise that those prices are for the apartment, not each ?
pubdog

Yes,they quoted me 1400 euros for 2 weeks, so i had a look at staying in and around Larnaca, prices are between £250-£350 per week.

I am awaiting replies of a couple more apts in Protaras,have not given up on it just yet.

wizard

Thanks for that info,thought they were a bit closer to Protaras but 1500 mts is fine.
Sorry, I was thinking of holiday apartments as in, well, holiday apartments. I guess you are meaning private ones?

In that case take a look here
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/protaras/adate1.4200/adate2.4214/bedrooms.2/hom_sleeps_max.3/orderby.price/

If you see anything you fancy, post back here and we may be able to give you an idea of exact location, facilities nearby etc
Hi pubdog

I have looked on that website and i came across a nice little apt in cavo greko,what is this area like?I spoke to the owner and asked how far a walk Protaras was and he has assured me that it's no more than a 15 minute stroll and that we do not need a car.
However the apt has only 1 bedroom but there is a double sofa bed in the lounge which would be suitable for my daughter.

Lm
Cavo Greko covers quite a large area so it is possible its not a long walk - do you have a link? (pm me if you'd rather)
It's probably up near Konnos Bay. See this link for some photos
http://holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=144317
Hi pubdog,have sent you a pm.

Cheers

LM
Hi all

I emailed Sweet Memories and they told me i had to book through Olympic Holidays,so no joy there.

I have been offered Monte Elias Complex,does any one know of these? Been reading about them and i gather they are on a hill,i wonder just how steep this hill is,if it is any thing like cardiac hill in Benidorm i think i will pass lol.

LM
I have found a 2 bed apt at the Soustis,any one know of this one?Been quoted 750 euros,which i think is an excellent price.

LM
Wondered why I didn't know this one and still do considering I must have been past it loads of times, but looking at the map here
http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-directions/189857_soustis-apartments-protaras.aspx

Its bang in the middle of Pernera. Nice location and about 15-20 minute walk along the newly contructed coastal path into Protaras.
€750 is very good. I priced them up on a couple of online booking agents and they were coming back at twice that.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.