Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
THE orotova palace is a loverly hotel just behind the main avenida. as for puerto it is a loverly resort with a few shops bars and places to eat been about 9times and we like i have not been for about 4years now due to there not being a nuff for my 11year old girl to do but for three days you will have plenty to do go and enjoy

the fatboy
  • Edited by FATBOY 2007-02-08 21:33:24
Much more Spanish but very nice . Not as hot as the south . Beware of clouds rolling in around lunchtime .
Definitely more cosmopolitan, an old town and not brash like PDLA. You will have plenty of choice of restaurants, bars and things to do.
Stanley is correct in identifying the difference in climate, the vegetation is much more lush at this side of the island because of the clouds.
When are you thinking of going and how much do you want to pay for a hotel? Try Priceline.co.uk for info and photos. The Catalonia Las Vegas is in a good position but I have never stayed there myself.
My wife and I have been to Puerto many times over the years. We love it. It has a history to it, that gives it something the south does not have. It has plenty of shops and stores. A good range of hotels, bars and street cafes. There is a lovely Lido and a very good beach. Give it a try I think you will love it.
It is near Loro Parque too, you can get a free road train from near the Lido, everyone will be able to tell you exactly where...

We also got a free bus to Pueblo Chico model village.

Hope you have a great time, there's loads of things to do in the area :)
There is only 1 decent hotel of note in Puerto De La Cruz and it is here http://www.hotelbotanico.com/ absolute luxury. Well worth a treat, if you only have 3 days, you will never leave the spa!!! http://www.orientalspagarden.com/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.