Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
punta prima
7 Posts
we are going out next week from what i have read there seems to be bouncy castles everywhere. i am hopeing there will still be enough open as from reading some of letters most things are starting to close down i am sure some family things have to be open. hopeing to go to water parks with my teenagers (13-14years old) they will be disapointed if we dont when are you going wnd were we are staying in cala forcat everone that i know that have been to Menorca have said it was brill.
hi just letting you no that i got bk from menorca last firday (8th Oct) and the water park was shut.
I am not to sure where punta prima is but i no by the beach in son bou there are bouncy castles, rides and toys for the younger children to play on.
hope every 1 has a nice time when you go.
Is season July to September only?

Will places be open in June OK?
Yes everywhere should be open in June. I was in Sa Caleta in late May/early June last two years, and all places were open.
Where are you going in Punta Prima? It's the quietest bit of the Med I know. Just a few bars and restaurants - one does karaoke. Couple of biggish hotel complexes with kids amusements. Evenings out to Binibeca or Mahon make sense.
Beautiful beach, good for snorkelling around the headland. Nice walk aong the coast path towards S'algar. Most the most of all this, get tired and to bed early.
Head for the pueblo hotel. Used to go there when I was a kid. Quite fun and have kids entertainment regularly. If you get bored here there's a mini golf course nextdoor which is also quite good. As for trips out and about, you can get the little train to binibeca from punta prima. Nice beach in the day and there's the vell at night which is at the far end and has shops and a pretty little harbour. Also some good seafood restaurants but also some good ice cream and continental food places. Worth a look. Salgar is also nice, and a little walk around the coast from Punta prima. This has a pretty impressive watersports centre. Punta prima has one of the nicest beaches on the south coast. Depending on when you go, it can be pretty quiet all around the island, but in the summer it's usually quite busy and warm. I have noticed it getting quieter over the past two or three summers though - prob cos ve cheap flights to majorca and ibiza. Still a haven though
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.