Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Will have a shifty then Iain, although I am sure if I want to go back to Goa next season :think but theres no harm in looking ;)
Thanks to Ian I got a good price, maybe coz i didnt go last year its drawing me back home :)))
:cheers :cheers :cheers
I am in trouble :cry panicked and booked with Turkish Airlines still saving a little but less luggage allowance and more hassle. I did the same last year (still went with Qatar but missed the sale even though I was told to wait :duh
Just booked - going out in Jan, returning early March - £579 each. :tup

It's not as low as last year's reduction and perhaps it will get lower but we decided to pounce. Only 8 months to go!!
Great news hun. :) I don't look at the prices after I book :) To be honest I can't see then going lower. Xxx
Not getting owt up decent price wise so far. Only looking for 2 week + an odd day (or 3!!) as we lost a day flying Sunday (arrive Mon am) to Sunday (leaving Candolim 1.00am) last season.
Do they fly from Manchester every day, and if so how many flights ?
Would like to avoid coming back Easter hols as well.. + not got the nod from work for 3 week yet (if we decide we want it..)
Jewel in the crown is coming up at £625pp for 15 nights
Hi Spike - I've just been looking at Qatar for a friend and they are showing three weeks 10 March - 31 March at £1157.50 for two.

I think the flights from Manchester to Doha are daily but not sure about the Doha/Goa flights. Some have very long transfer times so you have to be careful when booking.
Hi Spike, Qatar fly 2 x daily from Manchester. However as Roma just said from Doha - Goa isn't every day and that's why there can be large transfer times. Isn't Jewel in the crown Monarch?
Personally I would rather pay a bit more than fly with them. I do appreciate though that you are paying for 2 flights so it does add up. Fingers crossed you get the flights you need Hun.
Spike i think you,ll have to wait another 3 weeks or so for J/I/C to drop their prices it all seems to happen around June time for some reason hang on in there mate you'll find something decent.
Cheers folks, for you responses. It was June last year when Qatar put the deals out we went for so hope next month brings some joy ! Don't fancy 32 hours in Doha though..
Maz - glad you are going back, would be nice to see another happy face again !! Don't mind Jewel in the Crown and over the years they put some of the better prices out, and yeah I know it's Monarch but we can live with that if the price is the best and times are better, so will sit on the fence a bit longer.
We've had some real good prices off j/i/c but we had to wait a while (sept/oct) time ready for nov hol's and jan/feb for march hols its about holding your nerve.
All this waiting and checking isnt doing me any favours. Im sure my hair is beginning too fall out :rofl
:rofl :rofl Nearly spat out my cold beer then laughing Alan ;)
Just looked again at Qatar for our dates and the flights have gone up £150!!!!

So I got a deal......YES!!!

:tup
I just booked Sri Lanka with Kuoni for Feb/Mar 2013. Got a great price from their website and noticed it was proposing using Qatar.
But before I booked I did a detail check on the flight on the Qatar website and I see that they are using narrow body A320/A321 planes now on the Doha/Colombo leg – not nice widebodied 777s or big airbuses.
So I swapped the flight to Emirates for a few quid more to get the nicer aircraft.

And then just for interest I checked the Qatar Goa flights (though I've abandoned Goa for 2013).
And I see that the second leg of those flights is also using narrow bodied planes.
So for those folk who don't like them – it is worth checking.
Hi Bill - Every time I've flown Qatar to Goa the Doha/Goa is in a smaller aircraft.

But as it's only a three to three and a half hour journey, it's not too big a problem. I still prefer Qatar to Monarch anyday!
Agreed Roma, just about anything that flies is better than Monarch airlines, based on my past experience with them.
:D
And, as you say, it's only a relatively short flight for Doha/Dabolim.

But maybe as I get increasingly ancient I'm getting way too fussy.
After regularly going 8 years, I dropped Goa for 2013 mainly because the UK operators Thomson & Thomas Cook now only do the ghastly 1am arrivals into Goa from Manchester.
I actually like flying longhaul (and even inflight meals and entertainment),
provided I get a comfortable seat and a nice big aircraft.
Qatar generally are a nice airline to fly with.
For anyone who hasnt booked yet,Qatar have just sent a new Jubalee deal out by e mail
Manchester--Doa -Goa return £570
Heathrow---Doa----Goa return £590
Must book by 8th June though :tup
Split the deal from Manchester is only available if you fly by the end of September. Whereas the deal from Heathrow goes on until the end of March 2013!!!

But great price from Heathrow for the whole of the season!!!! This will really damage the charter flight business and perhaps give them a wake up call :tup
Oh and it has all to paid in full when booking :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.