Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Qawra
10 Posts
tourist street is quite a long street with a lot of bars and a few little shops and supermarkets it depends on what part of tourist street you are staying on regarding the noise :que lorna
map of Qawra
http://www.maltahotel.net/hotel/hotels_maps/index_stpaulsbay.html

I can spot Tourist Street (Triq Il-Turisti), but not Trill Street as I'm not sure what Trill is in Maltese
hi just looked on a street map of bugibba trill street is at the bottom end of tourist street just below the bus station ( about a three minute walk from qawra seafront ) so i think it will be fairly quiet :tup lorna
Thanks for that, the owner told us it was only a 3 minute walk from the sea, but it's nice to have it confirmed :)
It's so difficult choosing accomodation when you've never been somewhere before, non of my friends have ever been either so we had no-one to ask!
I can spot Tourist Street (Triq Il-Turisti), but not Trill Street as I'm not sure what Trill is in Maltese

Triq It-Trill would you believe :tup
who said Maltese was a difficult language :rofl

still can't spot it on the map though
Hi Mark, 3rd street on the right if you follow the promenade up past the New Dolmen hotel. Close to the Canifor Hotel which is where we always go.

This is a much better map to view the area, http://www.hotelstreet.co.uk/Map-249-Qawra.html

Gill, there have been some new apartments built in this area in the last few years, could it be in one of these that you will be staying in ?

This area is quiet and you shouldn't have any problems. Worth mentioning that it is perfectly safe to explore the area, and Malta in general, there are no safety worries whatsoever.

Try and get out and explore Malta.
The local buses are very good and also a cheap way of exploring the island. A 3 day unlimited journey ticket costs 9.32 Euro, a 5 day 11.65 Euro and a 7 day 13.98. These offer unlimited travel with hop on / off, on any bus route.

Full bus information click HERE

If you are going to get a bus try and get on at the terminus at Bugibba (behind New Dolmen hotel) as the buses get very busy and if you get on at a later stop you may not get a seat.

There are so many thing to see and do in Malta but I always try to get visitors to visit the Malta Aviation Museum at Ta' Qali. You can visit the Museum & craft village there and then go up to Mdina and enjoy the 'Silent City' with perhaps a meal on the ramparts while enjoying the views out over Mosta and St Paul's Bay.

Aviation Museum info HERE

If you can, you should try and get to Gozo, the island is much greener than Malta and has some stunning beaches and small inlets where you can swim in the crystal clear blue sea. Lovely small villages and what to me is a nice small holiday resort, Xlendi Bay.

Life on Gozo is much more relaxed and taken at a slower pace and is most definitely worth a visit. :tup Mark

From your accommodation you will be able to walk along the sea front along the promenade in to Bugibba or you can walk through Qawra in to the centre of Bugibba.

Have a great time
Graham

Update -
Hi Gill just found your apartments and they look excellent with nice sea views, and as I thought they are new, you shouldn't have anything to worry about there.
Many, many thanks for that post, you've really set my mind at rest.
When you've never been to a place before you always worry, but not this time. :D

We fully intend to use the buses and try not to hire a car, my husband drives so many miles for his work, that I thought it would be nice for him not to drive at all for 2 weeks at least!

We'd like to visit Gozo too, sounds like paradise!

thanks again
Gill
be careful about vising Gozo.......

you may enjoy it so much you won't want to return to Malta :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.