Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Look on the East coast. Around the Cala dor area or a little further North of there. Not rowdy, excellent bars and restaurants and of course excellent for scuba diving, it also has an abundance of fantastic hotels.
Cala D'or is nice there's a little marina there and a square with bars and restaurants.

Puerto Pollensa also seems really popular as a quiet resort.
Cala Bona would fit the bill nicely.....Gran Sol and Marins Playa Suites are 4/5 star...very luxurious. Promenade is nice and flate between Cala Bona & Cala Millor and the harbour area at night is lovely!
This morning I have booked a week's AI in the resort of Calas del la mallorca, at the club cala romani hotel, leaving tomorrow. The reviews look really good, so does the complex. I'll report on my return.
Looking forward to reading that marlou, might be booking there ourselves for next year.

back to the topic (sorry!) A friend of mine has just come back from the Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca (4 star)in cala d'or and said he would recommend the hotel to anyone, think he booked through Thomas Cook
Thanks very much for all your ideas. It sounds like there are some lovely places.
Port De Soller is very quiet with Hotels for all pockets, it is a very traditional resort with original trams running between the Port and the town of Soller from where you can catch the train to Palma, well worth a try ;)
jollypostie wrote:
Looking forward to reading that marlou, might be booking there ourselves for next year.

Review is done :wave:
Cala Bona i would say.nice stroll along front not over the top resort.great location for car trips.i did this resort years ago and loved it.
Marlou wrote:
Review is done

Thanks, can't believe it's the first review this year :que
Cala D'or!! Love the place - recommend the Sa Marina Aparthotel. Just arrived back from our 2nd visit and already booked for next year!!

Thomas Cook & Thomsons both do this hotel, however Thomsons quoted £1000 more than Thomas Cook for the same holiday and virtually same flight times :yikes
hippyjak,

That is strange. We went to the Sa Marina Aparthotel in June 2009 and Thomsons were £800 cheaper than Thomas Cook and they also provided free car parking at Manchester. But I agree, great place to stay.
Blimey! Thomsons were more expensive last year but only by about £200. Thomas Cook price has gone up by £150 today but Thomsons still way more expensive by £850! On Thomas Cook the holiday has gone up 200 in the last two weeks!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.