Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Thanks for the site review, Helen, you`ve given me an idea for a quiet weekend we were planning on, after the main holiday season is over. It`s nice to see a British site mentioned now and again. We DO go abroad, but hubby won`t take the caravan out of this country, so like to hear of nice peaceful sites here. :D :D
P.S. I think you would probably like Pilgrimsway in Boston, a very nice, quiet adults only site, just outside Boston, which is very historic, and not too far away from Skegness if you wanted a bit more going on.

Cheers, Lois

Edit out the link as not correct Briar
OOPS!! Sorry, that should have read http://www.pilgrims-way.co.uk Sorry again

Edit to fix broken link. luci - HT Mod
hi lois

you'll love this site if you like peace and quiet. its exactly as the picture on the web site shows. we found it very easy to get to and the local village of hemingford abbots is really pretty. we stayed in a static this time but are planning on taking our tourer when we go back we where that impressed. if you do go please leave your thoughts i would really like to know your impressions of the place.

p.s take plenty of bread. the ducks and swans are very friendly and come looking for breakfast.

helen and family x
Talking of taking bread, that reminded me of when we were at Doe Park near Barnard Castle in Co. Durham. That site is overflowing with friendly ducks, and they`re very good at picking out who are the soft touches! They went round in a large group, from one van to another. That`s another nice quiet site.
Thanks Briar, now I`m really stuck for choice, Wyton Lakes also looks gorgeous, what do we do now?
Does anyone know of any nice quiet sites in Kent, preferably somewhere near the Isle of Sheppey? We`ve been invited down there by some friends, but they can`t put us up, so we`d like to take the van, but don`t want one of the big sites with all the amusements and bars.
hi :wave

oops your spoilt for choice. :shrug all i can say is we will definately be going back to quiet waters very soon. we went down there to visit my sister-in-law who has been seriously ill in hospital and for no other reason. its not been a part of the country we have ever considered before for a holiday but will definately go in future. i wouldnt really recommend the site for small children but if like us they are teenagers then this site is safe as far as being so close to the river but there is nothing actually on site besides fishing for them to do. ideal for couples as the pub is literally 5 mins down the road. i would be grateful if anyone does go to hear their views on the place.

happy hols
helen and family :sun
Sorry the link didn`t work, just realised I`ve put an extra dot on the end. Can`t you tell I`m new to this computer lark? Lois
Hi numberplease

I have edited your post above to fix the broken link.

luci - HT Mod
Thanks Luci, will try and be more careful in future
Hello Briar, welcome back. You sound as if you enjoyed your few days away. I`m still working on my other half, he fancies the seaside out of season, says it will be cleaner and quieter, so between you, Helen and Himself, I`m not sure what I want now! Cheers, Lois
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.