UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Edward Welsh is not a "rail boss" - he's a media man from a trade organisation.

I don't want to undermine the rail industry but there's some dodgy use of stats here that doesn't help anyone. The London to Glasgow and Manchester boost came as the much delayed WCML work was finally finished (or at least stopped!) allowing an increase in services and some faster speeds - a jump was expected but it doesn't automatically mean a trend. The Birmingham - Scotland services don't have much more space for further increase and are mostly leisure travel which is holding up well compared to the business travel market that used the airlines, so the % share ought to be more.

But it is true that many of those who came to rail because of the ash have stayed, not just domestic but Dublin routes as well. Let's just hope we don't have any major cock ups with snow this winter!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.